046. My Jimin

Getting into the Ghost ship wasn't the hardest part

Getting into the Ghost ship wasn't the hardest part. It could be seen from the distance itself, the vessel stretching to at least four hundred metres.

Rusted and old.

Never came to the dock.

Of course. The people inside the ship, the people who were keeping Jimin's parents prisoned had already seen their about three hundred and eighty metres long ship heading towards them from a good distance. There was no way their presence could be overlooked.

But still, getting into the ship wasn't the hardest part. A few distractions of guns shooting at each other's crew and Jimin, Yoongi, Jin and Namjoon had snuck into the ghost shipment.

Okay, maybe it wasn't that easy. To dodge and escape from bullets while keeping track of his three mates. Jimin's heart was thrumming with anxiety but maybe that was the most normal thing happening around this deck.

The shipment was still, nearing a triangle where the water was as dark as it could be in the night. Darker than the sky itself.

It was hard. To jump to the other ship by connecting the sterns. Because beneath them, was endless water.

Still, it wasn't the hardest part.

Because they weren't ready for what was awaiting them at the ghost ship. Their goal was to reach inside the cabin. But what blocked them was a crew of fully armed men. Some shooting at their ship and some, at them.

How hard would it even be to kill four people? Two of which, were barely skilled.

The plan was clear, for him and Namjoon to shoot until they saw Jimin and Yoongi entering the superstructure of the ship and then hiding. Hide as soon as they could. And if Yoongi and Jimin die, let them. Save themselves first.

Jin was the first one to load and aim his M16A4, hands shaking as they wrapped around the handle and pulled the trigger at a man.

But that was the thing, he couldn't stop.

There was no time to. Fighters that looked infinite in number were shooting and running towards them to kill. Jimin was rolling on the ground and shooting as relentlessly as he could. Hiding behind cargo vessels. It didn't even feel real.

For a moment, he stopped, breathing too hard, lungs squeezing harder than they should when he breathed out each time, making him feel like he'd never breathe in again. The bullets were shot at the vessel he was behind and he had to get out of there before it pierced the metal.

Jin had already killed and it didn't feel real.

Jimin looked to the side to see the man. Purple hair full of dust, hands still shaking around the gun as he shot without even thinking, but there was a cut on his cheekbone and tears streaming down his eyes.

He looked fine. Namjoon too.

And Yoongi.

Yoongi was somewhere beside him, maybe pressed against the next vessel, shooting. They had to get inside the superstructure.