7 - The Starks

That night you walked back to your chambers alone, you and Jon had talked and he decided to stay at castle black. He was going to join the night's watch.

You didn't blame him for it but you still felt awful because of it. You were getting closer every day and now you basically had to say goodbye. You were leaving with the king tomorrow at dawn.

You were sitting on your bed thinking about going south and what will be waiting for you there, when you heard someone knock at the door.

You opened the door and standing there was Jon.

He smiled at you, "Couldn't let you go without a proper goodbye".

He walked into your room and started kissing you. You smiled against his lips, "Promise me you'll come to visit me in the capital someday."

He lifted you up and threw you on your bed, "You have my word". You both laughed.

The next morning you woke up before the first light, you looked over and saw Jon laying next to you.

Shirtless and with messy hair, sleeping peacefully.

As you were looking at him you remembered you were leaving today, without him.

You laid in his arms for a while longer until he also woke up. He kissed you on your head. "Morning".

That morning breakfast was filled with saying your goodbyes to everyone. Some were harder than others, when you came to Benjen you felt the tears forming in your eyes.

Benjen hugged you, "We'll see each other again".

"I hope so" you smiled at him.

"Make me proud up south will you?". You laughed and nodded.

You said goodbye to maester Aemon who said that you would meet again very soon. Next was the lord commander, he told you he was very proud of you and that he hoped to see you again soon.

Maybe even coming up South he said laughing. You knew the men of the night's watch never came up South but you appreciated him saying it.

You and Jon shared a quick hug as you didn't want everyone to know what was going on between you.

He looked at you warmly, "You go and show those Southerners how its done". You both laughed.

It was time to leave, you were standing in the courtyard with the king and lord Stark ready to mount your horses. The king walked up to you and patted you on your shoulder, "Lets head for Winterfell shall we?". You nodded and mounted your horse.

As you were riding out of the gates of the home you grew up in you looked back at everyone seeing you off. You looked at Benjen, he was standing with the lord commander. You could tell he was choking back tears, you smiled at him.

They all waved, you had one last look at Jon. He was waving and smiling, he winked at you.

'See you soon I hope'.

The ride to Winterfell wasn't too long, you made a few stops along the way. Lord Stark was really nice to you, so was the king but he was mostly preoccupied with drinking wine. Lord Stark told you all about his children at Winterfell, he told you about Robb and how he was a skilled fighter already. He was your age, you were curious to meet him.

He told you about Sansa and Arya, they would be coming to Kings Landing with you and he asked you if you could keep an eye on them. You laughed and agreed. He also told you to call him Ned from now on, except for formal occasions of course.

You kept riding for a while and before long you arrived at Winterfell, you rode though the gates and all the Starks were lined up waiting for Ned and the king to arrive.