19 - Arryn

You stood outside of the maesters chambers. Your body completely frozen, your mind racing. Your rapid breathing forming clouds in the freezing cold air. The heavy chest resting in your arms, it felt warm to the touch.

You took a few steps forward towards the railing of the balcony. You stood staring into the black night sky, the snow still falling.

Everything still seemed so calm, like nothing had changed. It felt like the whole world had shifted to you. Slowly thoughts about your next move began to enter your mind.

You felt the snow underneath your feet and landing in your hair.

Your first instinct was to go tell Jon, but somehow another thought got ahead of that one.

You ran to your chambers and put the chest under your bed.

That would have to do for now. You were still only wearing nightwear and you big cloak but that didn't bother you.

You stepped outside again and walked to the chamber you knew to be Jason's.

You stood still in front of the door, your chest rising and falling. You had to know.

You knocked on the wooden door, in the quiet night the knocks sounded loud. Your heart was pounding out of your chest, you didn't want to have to come to him for answers.

The waiting felt like an eternity. Finally the heavy door opened slowly. A tired Jason behind it.

He looked though the opening of the door and once he realized who knocked his eyes went wide open. "Alena?", he opened the door wider and waved for you to come inside.

You stepped into the chambers and Jason closed the door behind you. He stepped in front of you, you were still frozen in your movements.

He looked at you and walked to his bed, he grabbed a fur blanket and reached it out to you.

It took you a while but you took your cloak off and took the blanket from Jason. You wrapped it around yourself.

"What are you doing here? It's the middle of the night and it's freezing look at you!". He seemed worried.

Your mind was racing, the rest of your body wasn't. You could barely move and Jason's words sounded muffled.

You looked at Jason, he was standing right in front of you. You barely recognized him from the boy you loved all those years ago. He had grown up, he had gotten muscular and had gained a few scars.

You were still standing in the middle of the room with a blanket wrapped around you.

Jason carefully grabbed your hands, "You're freezing, what's wrong?".

At his touch you snapped out of the blurry state you had been in.

"I saw you in my dream", you started.

Jason's eyes widened, "And you had to tell me that in the middle of the night?".

You realized your hands were still in his, his hands were warm. You pulled away. He raised an eyebrow.

"It wasn't any dream, it was more like a memory. The day you left the wall you wanted me to go to the gates, I didn't get it then but I did now. I went to them tonight.".

Jason immediately picked up on what you were referring to, he looked tense.

"What does the symbol mean, who are you?"

"Alena as much as I want to I can't tell you, I made a mistake by putting that there and I'm sorry but...". You grabbed his hands again, that stopped him from talking.

"Tell me, you wanted to back then".

"I told you I shouldn't have".

"You left, I deserve to know why. Is this why you didn't even try to contact me?". You looked up at him, he was staring at the floor.

You put your hand on his shoulder, "Jason it's me".

He looked up at you, his bright blue eyes were glistening in the candlelight. He sighed.

"The reason the goldcloakes took me to kings landing was not just because they needed new soldiers, the order came from high up. It was because of my family."

"Great, another family thing", you said softly. "What?", Jason looked confused. "Nothing, go on".

"My father was Jon Arryn, but my mother isn't Lisa Arryn. I am Jon Arryn's only bastard son. He told king Robert the kings guard needed new soldiers and instructed them to take me to kings landing. He wanted to keep me close, I don't know why. I was away on business for him all the time, that's why you didn't see me in Kings Landing. I'm glad I didn't have to stay in the capital, since he died it's been tense. Only him and me knew, well and now you do."

You stayed silent for a short while. You wrapped your arms around his neck and hugged him. He seemed surprised.

"If that's all", you teased. He laughed. "It's a pretty big secret, if the wrong people know it could end badly for me you know".

You nodded, you knew the feeling. You pulled away from the hug. Jason looked seriously at you. "I'm so sorry for leaving, I wish I never had to."

You pushed him on his shoulder, "Families am I right?". You both laughed.

"Hold on a minute, you're highborn", you teased and bowed slightly. "Oh stop it you". He laughed and softly pushed you over, you landed on the floor and laughed too.

"Al?", you smiled at the sound of him calling you that again. "Are we alright again?". You nodded and got up from the floor.

"We are".

AUTHORS NOTE: That's it for this chapter! Thank you all so much for 500 reads on my very first book! It really means a lot to me. As always my messages and comments are open for any ideas, suggestions or just to say hi! xx - E