Putting Differences Aside

It's a week or so before Christmas when things finally come to a head, which is somewhat unexpected as Garou's attendance has been steadily dropping off, gradually filling your days with peace and quiet. You really relish the relaxation you can finally feel in class. (Except during test time of course.)

Ms. Fujie has also asked you to participate in the language competition again in two months' time representing the second year, and things are finally starting to look up.

But today, he is here. Arrived late of course, but here nonetheless. Unexpected for a Friday. (He's not stupid and decides to keep his options open, showing his face every once in a while, lest anyone forget his fearsome existence.)

At lunch, he vanishes into thin air as usual and you move into his seat behind Tsukiko as you eat your little bentos and chat just like the rest of the class, a dusting of snow floating softly outside the window.

Meals finished, you put your lunch boxes away and wistfully flip through a magazine together, at once admiring the articles of clothing on display and complaining at the exorbitant prices that make them out of reach for both of you.

It's five minutes before the end of your break but no one is in a hurry to pack up and prepare for the next period, a light, merry atmosphere enveloping the class.

"This would look amazing-" you start, pointing out a teal blue dress to Tsukiko before you notice the shadow looming over you. You don't have to look up to know who it is. Though you are stunned that he's actually here before the start of the lesson.

"Oi."

That 'oi' says everything: what do you think you're doing, this is my desk, get out etc.

You ignore him and try to continue your conversation with Tsukiko.

"Move," he growls.

"It's not like your name is on it," you say without giving him a single glance.

"Yeah. It is," he says.

You lean back and see his name scratched into the side of the tabletop.

Well.

Hmm.

"I'll move when the class starts," you finally look up with him, eyes as thickly and exquisitely lined as ever. "And anyway, you're never here so you can't exactly lay claim to this desk anymore. Even if your name is on it," you add for good measure.

"I'm fuckin' here now. So move," his patience is wearing thin.

"If you're so desperate to sit," you point behind you, "sit at my desk. I'll allow it this once."

He glares at you.

"Well come on," you put on a mockingly excited voice, "sit boy, sit!"

You can see something inside him snap. You've done it now.

Your classmates are only half paying attention, this is nowhere near unusual anymore.

"There's only two minutes left," Tsukiko rolls her eyes. "Stop being an ass-"

But before she can continue...holy shit...It all happens so fast. You're completely taken by surprise, so completely off guard that it takes you a few moments to realise what's going on as he lunges down and grabs you around the waist and pulls you out of his chair, throwing you over his shoulder with effortless ease.

"Hey!" You shout, finally having come to. "Hey! Put me down! Asshole! Put me down!" You pound his back and try to kick but also hold your skirt down for decency's sake at the same time. It's a mess. Your struggle makes it harder but he's infinitely stronger.