6 | Remembrall

Hermione's P.O.V.

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum... turn this water... into rum!" Seamus looks in the cup and shakes his head.

It's not going to work, I think. He's waving his wand too much.

'What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asks Ron.

"Turn it into rum," Ron answers. "He actually managed a weak tea yesterday... before—"

BANG!

Seamus's cup explodes and he looks up, his face covered in ash. His eyebrows are gone. Everyone laughs.

Suddenly, owls swoop down from the ceiling

"Ah, mail's here," Ron says.

Harry, (y/n) and I don't get anything. Ronald, on the other hand, gets a copy of The Daily Prophet which he completely ignores.

"Can I borrow this?" Harry asks, gesturing at the paper. Ron nods. "Thanks."

"Hey, look!" Seamus exclaims. "Neville's got a Remembrall!"

"I've read about those!" (Y/n) and I say at the same time.

Ron rolls his eyes and mutters, "Know-it-alls."

(Y/n) slaps him on the head with her potions book.

"At least we know something other than Quidditch, whatever that is. Unlike you."

"When the smoke turns red," I continue, ignoring the bickering between (Y/n) and Ron, "it means you've forgotten something."

I raise an eyebrow at the red smoke and Neville sighs.

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten."

I look at him and see he's not wearing his robes. Thankfully, he at least remembered to put other clothes on.

(Y/n) and I share a look and I cover my mouth to hide a laugh.

"Hey, Ron," Harry says, looking at The Prophet, "somebody broke into Gringotts."

What?

"Listen. 'Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown. Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day.' That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to."

"What was in it, Harry?" (Y/n) asks, looking up from her schedule. I see she's a little pale.

"I don't know."

Harry's P.O.V.

We're in flying class. Madam Hooch hasn't arrived yet.

I'm standing between (Y/n) and Ron. Hermione's on (Y/n)'s left and Malfoy is across from me.

"You alright, (y/n)?" I ask her. She's pale and seems nervous.

"I'm not overly fond of heights," she replies. "But I'll be fine."

"Are su—"

"I said I'm fine," she snaps. "Sorry. I get snappy when I'm nervous."

Madam Hooch comes onto the field. She's got short, silvery-grey hair and penetrating yellow eyes.

"Good afternoon, class."

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch," we chorus.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of your broomsticks. Come on now, hurry up," she instructs. We do as told.