Chapter 11: Beautiful

-Aiko-

July 10th,2020~ 7:23 a.m

 I was an empty shell.

Hollow.

Broken.

I couldn't be fixed. Nothing could fix me. I wanted to stay in the darkness forever. It was my only escape from the cruel reality. But there was always that one person that came up in my mind.

Violet.

When I think things over, he's hurt me but then he saves me. He was a wicked person and I think you all know that. He can be cold-hearted at times but he makes me feel something.

All I know is it can't be put into words. It was nothing I felt before. The butterflies that settle in my stomach, the tingles that he leaves on my skin by one little touch. Some of the moments were magical but others were practically nightmares. I was not the usual girl who had boyfriends. I was always by myself.

And currently words can't even express how I feel right now. I don't even know if I'm alive anymore. A part of me is relieved but a little voice keeps telling me that I need to accept who I am. I'm pretty sure that's my ghoul talking.

Before I killed myself, I caught a glimpse of what had protruded out my lower back. I had to admit, it was probably the most beautiful thing I ever saw. Black with a white outline. There were 4 of them, kinda shaped like a butterfly. When I was there on the floor blood flowing out of me, I felt peace.

I felt free.

Something else that I hadn't felt in years. And floating in this black abyss makes things a little bit better. But really inside, I feel alone.

As I floated around, a sharp pain hit me in my gut and I screamed.Then I felt something like hands refrain my arms and then something sharp pierce my right arm. The pain faded away and my body relaxed.

So I'm guessing I'm alive if that just happened and whatever they just injected me with, I'll be staying in my safe haven for a little while longer.

July 11th,2020~ 11:15 a.m

Something told me I was going to wake up today.

And guess what?

I was right. My body began to hyperventilate and it felt like my breath was getting knocked out of me. Then something was placed over my mouth which suddenly improved my breathing and power began to surge through me.

I felt a faint warmth in my lower back and then it began to get hotter and tingly. That's when my eyes shot open and I was met by the white ceiling. I sat up quickly right when whatever that protruded out my back did once again. I noticed that Violet, Tatara, Noro, and Eto were gathered around the bed, looking at me in awe.

Everyone in the room gasped and yelled 'Your kagune!' all except for Noro. I stood up out of the bed to give more space for my kagune and when I turned to see them, they were enormous. The top two were literally touching the ceiling and the bottom two were on the floor, the ends curled up because of the size.

I looked at Violet and his eyes were wide open. His mouth was hung open and I laughed in my mind. He walked over to me before hesitantly grabbing my hands and spinning me around which was kinda hard to do since my kagune was enormous.

A girl with green hair and glasses was standing next to Tatara, jumping up and down hysterically. I did notice that Eto wasn't in the room but what really stood out was her smell. She smelt exactly just like Eto. Personally I didn't like her scent because it smelled like faint blood mixed with a sweet fragrance.

I decided to call out to her even though I knew if I was wrong, I would've totally just embarrassed myself.

"Eto, is that you?"

Her lips formed into a big smile before she came running to me and almost made me trip over Violet.

"How did you know, Aiko?" I giggled at her facial expression before answering. "Your scent."

Her eyes widened a bit and her smiling ceased. "My scent? You knew it was me by my scent!?!? That's interesting." Everyone looked to be in deep thought and I just stood there, confused as hell.

Ayato patted my shoulder before leaning in my ear.

"You should withdraw your kagune for now. Leaving it out too long can drain your body." I nodded slowly and closed my eyes, feeling it recoil to a smaller size then disappear into my back.Opening my eyes, I noticed that Noro, Tatara, and Eto had left the room, leaving me with Violet.

Violet led me back to the bed and I sat down, feeling a headache beginning to form.

"I know it's a lot to take in but don't worry about too much. Everything will be okay. But before I leave you to rest, I want to explain something to you some important things. Ghouls have something called Rc cells. Since your kagune is that big, it looks as if your body is producing an abnormal amount which could cause you to have more than one type of kagune. But I don't know why you're producing Rc cells when you haven't fed yet..."

He paused and began stroking my hair. I blushed and turned to hide my face away. He stopped before standing up. His mood suddenly changed and he picked me up before dumping me on the bed.

"Get some rest." And he left the room.

After he left, I tried closing my eyes but nothing would work. Eto noticing my distress gave me water and a sleeping pill before kissing my forehead and leaving the room. Moments later, I was slowly fading into darkness when I felt someone's hand or rather thumb caressing my cheek. I was going to punch whoever  it was but it was too late.

I drifted off but not before the person let out two simple words in a quiet whisper.

"You're beautiful."