Chapter 18:Mission

-Aiko-

December 20,2020~

It was finally the time.

Kaneki had made sure to be harder with me in training but I enjoyed every single moment of it. He was a very great teacher and I was grateful to have someone like him. I put on my bodysuit that one of the Aogiri members made for me and I had to admit I was very impressed. It made me feel sexy yet dangerous. I loved it. I smeared on some dark red lipstick and let down my hair so it cascaded my shoulders. I walked out my room and there was Kaneki. His eyes widened and pink tinted his cheeks.

"How do I look?" I flipped my hair and licked my lips. I felt so badass, it was crazy. He nodded and I could see his eyes darken.

"You look amazing, Aiko." He walked to a closet and pulled out some combat boots. "To complete the look..." I ran to him smiling and he held out his arms. I jumped and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Oh how I love you Kaneki!" He smiled and kissed my cheek making me blush. He put me down and I quickly placed on the boots. He handed me my mask and helped me put it on. My look was completed.

Kaneki grabbed my hand and we walked out the door together. We were all told to meet at the back entrance of the building. Once we had reached, everyone was already there.

"Hey guys!" Eto came running to me and I spinned her in my arms. "Aiko, you look awesome!" I smiled at her and she smiled back. Tatara patted me on the shoulder briefly before speaking.

"Today is the day. We will go and do what we have to do. There will be 4 teams. Kaneki and Aiko are Team 1. Eto is Team 2. Noro and Ayato will be Team 3 and I will be Team 4. Kill any CCG that you see. Let's go!" We ran outside and sped up the side of the compound. Jumping roof to roof, we reached the top of the Cochlea. Looking down, the CCG has already surrounded the perimeters of the building.

Kaneki pulled me closer and whispered in my ear.

"Remember what I taught you over these last few months. We can do this." I nodded, unleashing my rinkaku. Over the few months of feeding, I learned that my Rc cell production was abnormal. I had over 4 kagune sacs and it was starting to become uncontrollable.

Eto has helped me slow it down a bit but the serum was begin to absorb into my system and we needed to find another way very quickly. Hand in hand, we jumped into the hole from the roof and landed at the bottom. I hadn't seen Ayato since and my heart yearned for him.

I missed him.

Before we left, I had caught a glimpse of him and he look different.

He looked broken.

Even though Kaneki and I had something, it wasn't the same with Ayato. I know he did some horrible things but there was something special about him
.

Kaneki brought me out of my thoughts and cupped my cheek in his hand.

"Go show those bitches what you've got!" He unleashed his kagune and leapt away. I closed my eyes and felt my kagune emerging from my back.

A bunch of CCG members lunged towards me and I striked them all. I leapt onto the second level, killing more and surprisingly I felt free.

I felt better than ever.

Suddenly I heard a choking sound and followed it.

When I came around the corner, I gasped at the sight. Kaneki and another man dueling. I stood there and watched as Kaneki was thrown into a wall. I lunged at the man but he had escaped.

I ran to Kaneki and knelt beside him. He was murmuring something and then all of the sudden, I saw something protruding from his back.

 He was murmuring something and then all of the sudden, I saw something protruding from his back

"Aiko, get away from me." He screamed and when he raised his head to look at me, his face was covered by a big sharp purple mask.

I backed away and he stood up. He looked at me once more before staggering out through the rumble. I watched as he flew onto the side of the wall and ran away.

I got up and leapt outside, searching for any other members but everything was eerily quiet. I flipped back down to the lower level and heard fighting in the distance.

Making my way there killing people on the way, I came upon Ayato and another guy. He rushed towards his opponent, trying to pierce him with his kagune but the guy had some protective armor on.

Suddenly, Ayato dropped to his knees and thumped against the guy's armor, his eyes showing vulnerability and sadness.

"Father..." he whispered ever so softly.

What did he mean by Father?

Then Kaneki appeared out of nowhere and started attacking. He looked insane and berserk.

Leaping in, I grabbed Ayato with one of my butterfly wings and went inside a room.

I heard a crash outside and I looked at Ayato who seemed frozen. Touching him ever so gently, he whimpered and started crying.

Feeling bad, I moved towards him and gave him a hug. I dissipated my kagune, feeling a bit tired out and felt Ayato's arms wrapped around me.

Feeling his warm tears trickle down my neck, I hugged him tighter, whispering reassuring words in his ears.

After a few moments of just sitting there hugging, he let go and wiped away his tears.

"Sorry you had to see me like that." I quickly shook my head.

"Oh it's alright. I'm glad I can be there for you." He smiled weakly and rose to leave. I grabbed his arm and he looked at me, his eyes glossy.

" Ayato..."

A tear ran down Ayato's face as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much, Aiko." I felt his hands run down my hair and I sighed in relief. I wrapped my arms around him and ran my hand through his hair.

"Oh how I've missed you too, Ayato. I'm sorry." He shook his head and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

And we stayed in each other's arms trying to savor the sweet moment before we were off to battle once again

A/N- Sorry guys if this was late. I had broken my wrist so I couldn't write and I had already written the chapter but it deleted so I had to rewrite it again.

But here it is. Give me some feedback on how you like it. Comments would make me happy as well as some votes.

And recently I got my iPhone 6s so it's way easier for me to write for you guys.

Until next time, my darlings💖