𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖱𝖾𝖺𝗅 𝖳𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁

the five boys stood in shock as they saw something they never thought they would ever see. "you're..". Yeonjun mumbled out as he took a step closer.

"you're.. me?". the, now unmasked, man tilted his head with a daunting smile. "i am us, Yeonjun".

silence.. not a single person in the room wanted to speak. the fake Yeonjun then stepped forward again, now coming face to face with the real Yeonjun.

"you see. in this world, your secret was never a secret. i was caught for what we did. i spent many, many years in prison!".

he took another step forward, the real Yeonjun moving backwards. "i made you go last in this little game because i want the secret to get out".

'Yeonjun' laughed, "i want you to go through the suffering i had to! how do you think your friends would react when they find out you're a murderer?"

the four other boys looked between the two Yeonjun's with wide eyes. the real Yeonjun then turned to face his friends with a worried stare.

"i'm not a murderer! i promise! i don't know what he- what i'm saying?". he waved his hands out in front of him.

the fake Yeonjun then laughed again. "not a murderer, eh? tell that to the poor guy you hit with your car and drove away from. he died in the hospital".

the real Yeonjun's shoulders dropped out of fear. "he died?". his voice came out quieter. "yes, he died. and in this world, they saw our car number plate!"

"i sat in a prison cell for two years! and i want you to do the same!". the fake Yeonjun chuckled as he looked around at the four other boys in the basement.

"how do you feel? knowing your best friend killed someone". neither of the four responded and began looking in different directions to avoid answering the question.

Beomgyu grabbed onto Taehyun' jacket sleeve tightly and the younger looked at him with worry before whispering to him.

"you okay?". Beomgyu just nodded in return and looked back over to the two Yeonjuns. "is it true? that we have been missing from our world for a week?"

his voice came out quieter than he wanted it to. the fake Yeonjun looked at Beomgyu in the eyes and his lips raised into a smile.

"no. if you five so wish to go back, just walk up these stairs. it will lead you back to the same time it was when you entered this basement".

the five friends all looked at each other with caution. it can't be that easy to leave. as if reading their minds, the fake Yeonjun spoke up once more.

"if you do go up there Yeonjun's secret will still be released, and the four of you will all forget who he is"

"it will be as if you were never friends with him in the first place, he will just be a face on the news".

the real Yeonjun then teared up slightly. "what happens if we just- stay down here?". the fake Yeonjun let out a loud laugh.

"stay down here? oh you'll just die of starvation". the five friends huddled closer together. "so there's really no choice for us?"

the fake Yeonjun smiled once more and stepped out of the way of the door, leaving an open pathway out of the basement.

"no choice"

Yeonjun then pulled his friends into a hug and looked at them as a tear slipped from his eye. Soobin quickly jumped forward and wiped the tear from the eldests face.

"come on, let's go". Huening Kai then stepped back with a frown on his face. "why? why do you want us to forget you so bad?"

Yeonjun then looked up at Kai and frowned with the younger male. "i don't want us all to die down here, i'm doing what's best for us".

after he said those words, he turned towards the basements door and began walking towards it. the four other boys looked at Yeonjun with sadness as he walked out of the basement and up the stairs into the school.

Taehyun suddenly felt something on his hand and looked down to see another hand holding his own. he followed the hand up and made eye contact with Beomgyu.

the older boy sadly smiled down at him and squeezed his hand. "should we go up together?". Taehyun didn't know what to say so he just nodded.

———

this took way longer to start writing than i thought it would </3 the next chapter will most likely be the final chapter so i hope you're all ready! be sure to check out the other fics on my page along with the one i'm currently writing 'Camp Rosewood' !