A Dance To Forget, But Maybe It's Best To Remember

This is a little flashback for our dear dilf trio, enjoy! ;]

(I'd recommend listening to the song either while or before reading, also this totally wasn't written because of a breakup, who told you that!?)

Angst warning. 

The slow strumming of a guitar filled the room, the three teens inside, wallowing in their feelings of tragic summer romances. 

It was the end of the last summer of their childhoods, before they were all set to go their separate for collage. The perfect time to break up with long term partners. 

Wilbur had Sally, until she disappeared just two months prior, leaving Wilbur with a little redheaded son who was just a few months old. He was destined to be a single parent at the ripe old age of 18. 

Techno had several short relationships throughout all of high school that he didn't care for, he was done with his playboy arc, determined to stop with all of the reckless nights involving squid hat wearing enemies and short boys that were obsessed with diamonds. 

Dream, who had just been dumped out of the blue, by his boyfriend of three years, George. He was starting to feel sick more often and tended to keep to himself, pouring every ounce of his energy into his studies and preparations for university. The breakup was surprising to everyone, they were their high school's power couple, and no one knew what had happened. I guess this aren't always what they seem. 

And yet here they were, the trio that no one would ever expect, sitting together under the stars on their old high school's roof with a hooked up to Wilbur's phone with an aux cord. 

Three years of something I call love
When the phone calls and photographs were never enough
To save a heart that's been broken so close to screaming

Techno stood up and brushed metaphorical dust off his pants before turning to Dream and holding his hand out. The blonde blushed a bit before taking the hand and being pulled up, Techno's arms moved to his waist in a friendly gesture that the freckled boy returned by looping his arms around the pinkette's. 

This can't be happening, I must be dreaming
What's the worst that could happen? I never knew
When all I ever wanted was to get away from you
But now the possible's impossible and I can't refuse
Grab all your dreams and raise all your glasses

They swayed for a bit and began to move fluidly around the roof, Wilbur sat next to the speaker with an unreadable expression that Techno's wasn't really in the mood to decipher at the moment. 

Let's toast to the lucky ones
To the girl that just broke my heart
I can't breathe after all that you've told me
You took my heart and made me melt again

Dream remembered all of the feelings that came with his and George's relationship, most of them weren't good, but he had only realized this after George left him and went back to England. He wasn't at first, but now, he thinks that it's one of the best things that've ever happened to him. 

I could never imagine we'd end up this way
After all that we went through now I'm fighting through the pain
It's like this heart that's been broken is so close to screaming
Was ripped from my chest and I can't stop the bleeding

Wilbur thought back to his time with Sally, she was the light of his undeniably sad life. But then she disappeared, leaving him behind, and the brunette wonders if it was his fault. The police assume that she ran away but that's not what Wilbur believes, not after that last voice mail. 

Now we all fall for the bad ones
They'll just break us cause we're so young, dumb and vulnerable
Young and vulnerable

Techno subconsciously tightened his grip on Dream as the song progressed, he could relate to the "dumb and vulnerable, young and vulnerable" part quite well, surprisingly enough. He had his fair share of hookups throughout his teenage years. He knows it was dumb, but he needed a way to feel something and rebel against his overbearing parents and try to feel something at the same time. 

Here's a toast to the lucky ones
To the girl that just broke my heart
I can't breathe after all that you've told me
You took my heart and made me melt again

Phil wondered if he'd be able to tell his best friend, Technoblade, about this situation. I mean the pink haired man was the strongest person the hat wearing man knew, but this might be a little too tough to handle. 

(You ripped apart these pages)
I can't breathe
(Our book was overrated)
After all that you've told me
(This brings up all these questions, tell me what just happened)
You took my heart and made me melt again
(I'll say)

Kristen looked down upon her lover, hoping that he'll be strong. 

I put your picture in a frame that stands at the side of my bed
So whenever I get sad I can stare at your face
And hope and pray that I won't forget
When all I remember is talking is cheap and your lies were expensive
And god only knows when I'll come to my senses
Now I can't breathe at all (now I can't breathe)

Phil knew he'd have to tell Techno eventually, it was important. He decided on callign him in the morning. He switched lanes. 

Here's a toast (here's a toast) to the lucky ones (to the lucky ones)
To the girl that just broke my heart
(You ripped apart these pages)
I can't breathe
(Our book was overrated)
After all that you've told me
(This brings up all these questions, tell me what happened)
You took my heart and made me melt again
(I'll say)

Techno knew he felt some sort of disturbance, but he couldn't be bothered to think of anything but this moment. 

(You ripped apart these pages)
I can't breathe
(Our book was overrated)
After all that you've told me
(This brings up all these questions, tell me what happened)
You took my heart and made me melt again
(I'll say)
Tell me what just happened

Dream felt moisture welling in his eyes as the song same to an end, his emotional barriers were finally coming down and all because of a stupid Mayday Parade song. His life really has gone downhill hasn't it. 

The moment was over, and the trio hoped that the tranquility they felt in that moment would be enough to get them through the year. 

Little did any of them know that this would be one of the hardest years they would go through, and none of them would be anywhere near. 

Wow, fate really has a twisted way of leading your life, doesn't it?