6. Hi-Zawa!

Third person POV

Izuku sighed and cleaned the cafe before the other customers arrived. Serving the old and the kids always made him happy. Hasegawa-san, a fairly tall old man with the smile of an angel, was his regular customer. He was, supposedly, in his early 80s but appeared to be around late 60s. The old man was an amazing martial artist in his times and possessed a fairly weak yet amazing quirk- sound. Hasegawa-san's quirk allowed him to detect even the smallest sounds, like that of a butterfly's wings flapping or the faint sound of breeze. That, apparently, aided him in his battles, giving him the privilege of fighting even with his eyes closed. Now that he's grown old, his quirk significantly weakened, rendering him normal- quirkless in a sense. The old man always loved and considered him his grandson in all but blood.

The greenette smiled sweetly, passing the cup of hot tea to the elderly man who took a seat beside Izuku, behind the counter. Izuku didn't mind because he loved Hasegawa-san's company.

Izuku: Did you sleep well, Ojiisan?

The old man looked at him with a wrinkled smile :As well as an old man could. What about you, Izu-kun?

Izuku: Ah, I slept well, very well, actually

Hasegawa-san stared at Izuku's face for a few moments : You look a little disturbed. Is everything alright?

Izuku sighed and set the plates down on the counter: I can't really hide things from you now, can I, Ojiisan?

The elder chuckled, causing Izuku to smile at him fondly

Izuku: It's nothing, Ojiisan. I've came across a rather rude customer this morning and it's kinda irritating to start my day off with that

The old man smiled softly and patted Izuku's arm: Happens, Izu-kun. When your work deals with tons of people, you'll come across different personalities and not all of them are pleasant. You'll just have to get over it

Izuku: ('This is a little different, Ojiisan but thank you. You're the best) Izuku thought to himself before giving the old man a gentle hug.

Hasegawa-San: Well, I better get going now. Shiko must be whining

Izuku(giggling): You should bring her over sometime. Although I doubt the cats will be okay with that.

Shiko was Hasegawa-San's dog. She was a lively bundle of golden fur that loved bouncing around and chasing cats. Her first visit to Emerald Cafe was disastrous, which ended in Hasegawa-san dragging her away from the cats which were hissing and whining in anger.

Hasegawa-san's visit instantly brightened Izuku's mood and so the rest of the day passed by quickly, filled with warm smiles and loads of dishes.

The greenette sighed, pulling his suit on and placing his mask. He had dyed his hair black and opted for yellow contacts. As he skipped over the rooftops, he heard a commotion roughly three lanes away and sneaked closer to find a young teen cornered by three men.

Man 1: Give up, kid. You can't escape us.

Man 2: Give us the money, kid.

Kid: B-but I only h-have enough for f-food. Please l-leave me.

Man 3: He isn't gonna budge! I guess we'll have to force him to gi-

But before he could finish, a foot connected with his side, knocking all three men down. Karma stood before the boy and tilted his head.

Karma: Are you okay?

Kid: Y-yeah

Karma: Get out of here.