9. Deal With The Devil

Aizawa was tired, which isn't exactly surprising. He had just finished grading the assignments. As usual, there was no improvement in the performance. The top three- Yaoyorozu, Iida and Bakugou- had improved slightly but that would be negligible when compared to the class' stats. He filed the papers and placed them in his locker to return them the next day. He was annoyed by their lack of enthusiasm, even more so due to their complacency. 'Another logical ruse might do the trick' he thought.

Just as he was about to get his evening dose of coffee, his phone buzzed. Sighing, Aizawa picked up the call immediately as it was Tsukauchi.

Aizawa: Tsukauchi.

Tsukauchi: Aizawa…. I'm so done with Karma.

Aizawa(Sighing): No data about him, huh?

Tsukauchi: Nothing at all! There were three persons with barriers as their quirk. One of them has moved to America and I've had it confirmed. The second is a senile old man who's hospitalised. The third is a literal 5 year old.

Aizawa: God, this is just tiring…

Tsukauchi: Please tell me you're going to talk to Nezu

Aizawa: Seems like we don't have a choice.

Tsukauchi: We are literally and figuratively stuck. Dead end. I'm going crazy!

Aizawa: Like I'm any better. At least you don't have 19 brats to put up with.

Tsukauchi: Wait, 19? Isn't 1-A supposed to have 20?

Aizawa: A recommendation student pulled out before the year started and I was more than happy to have one less brat.

Tsukauchi: I see.

Aizawa: Back to the topic, has Karma reported anything interesting?

Tsukauchi: Oh yeah. We got wind of a drug deal this morning. The previous run in you and Karma had with a guy led to some interesting revelations.

Aizawa: Need assistance?

Tsukauchi: Got it covered, buddy. You just deal with the rat.

Aizawa: I hate my life…

Tsukauchi: Welp, good luck

Aizawa: Whatever.

The tired homeroom teacher of 1-A groaned as he was now burdened with the task of talking to a literal walking hazard. Don't get Shouta wrong, he liked Nezu- the Chimera was a good person but leaned towards the crazy sadistic end. Dealing with an overly intelligent non-human creature that was obsessed with tea and toying with humans was definitely not on Shouta's planner and Shouta was too lazy to even have one.

Begrudgingly, the sleep deprived hero knocked on Nezu's door, mentally preparing himself for the upcoming headache. The door opened after a "come in" and he was met with a grinning Nezu and Aizawa knew almost immediately that he didn't have enough coffee that day.

Aizawa: Nezu.

Nezu: Ah, Aizawa-kun, Welcome!

Aizawa sighed and dragged himself towards the empty chair that guaranteed a migraine.

Nezu: Fancy seeing you in my office.

Aizawa: I had no choice.

Nezu(grinning): Ah, I assume it has nothing to do with your students?

Aizawa: If those brats can be called that and no, it isn't about them.

Nezu: Oh? I wonder what compelled you to consult me…