Prologue: A Unique Auction

An auction was now taking place on the island of Highford, one of the millions of islands located in the West Blue. This specific auction had over 200 prominent people from the entire region. And what was this auctions for?  Well, it was only for some of the most influential products in the history of the planet: Devil Fruits! This was an event that wouldn't be available for another decade. People of high social status and wealth, coming from all corners of the criminal underworld, arrive at this island in the night, in order to bid one another for the rarest devil fruits found in the last 10 years. 

It was a giant stadium in the middle of the island, with rows of seats for 200. In the back, a balcony was built as a VIP seating for the 4 leaders of the 4 big prominent families. There used to be 5 but the leader along with his crew, became pirates and set sail. Due to his departure, the other 4 families were able to rebuild and grow back into prominence. 

And now the 4 were overseeing the auction, using their forces in order to ensure everything went smoothly. 

The entire stadium's lights suddenly dimmed, as things were moved to the center in order to begin the auction. 

Lighting back up, the crowd saw ten platinum cases holding a devil fruit in each, with its own unique structure and size. 

???: Finally. This is what we came for!

???: Shush. Don't you have any manors?

A single man stood in front of the cases, wearing glasses and a suit. He was a mere 3 feet tall and a bit stocky. 

Auctioneer: Good evening sirs, and misses. It is a pleasure to welcome you all to one of the most prestigious auctions you can possibly attend in your lives! Right in front of you all, are 10 unique devil fruits, each with their own sets of abilities. Each Devil has never even been eaten. They each vary in the starting bid by rarity and power. Paramecia, Logia, and even a single Mythical Zoan devil fruit are among the ones we currently have right now! 

Everyone: YEAH!!!!! YEAH!!!!

The crowd  cheered as the 200 people that were given invitations to come, knew they were going to risk their fortunes in obtaining a devil fruit. 

Auctioneer: Now! Settle down! We will commence the first bid!!

A young man sat in the middle of the seats, wearing a white suit and accompanied by an old man. Looking at the cases, he quietly waited for the beginning of the auction war. 

A single light beamed down on the first display case, showing a devil fruit, blue in nature, in what appeared to look like a giant tooth. 

Auctioneer: Right in this case, lies a paramecia-class devil fruit! It is called 'Chi Chi Fruit!'

Many looked puzzled at it. 

Auctioneer: Anyone who consumes this will have the most powerful teeth in the world! They can be as sharp to slice through steel or blunt enough to crush the heads of your enemies!!!! Who would like to match the starting bid for this fruit, at 1 million berries! 

No hands emerged, as the allure of getting a fruit to give you the strongest bite, doesn't really suit combat all that much. 

Auctioneer: Anyone? Anyone?

After some time, a single hand rose up, as everyone looked at the person who rose their hand. 

It was the young man in the crowd. He couldn't have been more than 17 years of age. 

Young Man: I'd like to place 1 million berries on it. 

The old man near him was shocked.