Chapter 3

"Thank's for the lift but you didn't have to" Stan said whilst unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Like I'm going to let you get a taxi, work can wait. Besides it's only polite if I say goodbye properly"

I followed Stan out of the car, grabbing his suitcase from the boot. My heart was heavy, I didn't want him to leave, he was the only true friend I had. It wasn't like I could just walk up the street and see him every day.

"Anyway, when are you going to make me an auntie?" I jokingly questioned.

"Well....I know I've said for a long time I never wanted kids but between you and me, we want to start trying" he admitted. I let out and exciting sequel before wrapping him in my arms tightly.

"It's about time!"

"I know, just the one though" Stan let out a sigh before grabbing his suitcase. "Thanks again"

"You're welcome" I pouted as he placed a small kiss onto my forehead.

"I'll let you know when I've landed"

"Goodbye Stan, love ya" I flashed him a toothy grin, watching him leave.

"Love ya too! Goodbye Reina" he waved before disappearing into the airport.

I huffed as sat back in my car and checking the time. I really couldn't be bothered to go to work. I thought about having the day off and then remembered I have bills. As I reached for my seatbelt I saw a man, in his late 40's early 50's, carrying a huge bouquet of flowers. They were a mixture of pink, white and blue roses, similar to the ones I had once received. I smiled to myself, watching him hand them over to, who I assume to be, his wife.

~Flashback~

My arm began to ache as I applied the final bit of burgundy paint onto the living room wall. I had been at this for a few hours and Patrick had left half way through and still hadn't returned.

I dropped the roller onto the tray and began to climb down the ladder. My foot slipped half way down but I manage to save myself.

"Almost died then didn't you" I turned to see Patrick had returned.

"Oh ha ha"

"Looks good" he said whilst examining my work.

"Would've been better if I had help" I grabbed the towel and began to wipe my hands. "Where have you been anyway?"

"I, raindrop, went out looking to get you something" It was then I noticed he had his hands behind his back.

"Oh really?" I gasped as he pulled out a bouquet of flowers, they where gorgeous!

"They're kind of heavy so take them" he smiled. I took them off of him before placing them gently onto the sofa.

"Patrick I love them thank you so much" I pulled him into a tight hug, he picked me up in response, my legs immediately wrapped about his waist.

"You're welcome kitten" he kissed my lips softly.

"Since when did you become so sweet. You've been an asshole your whole life so far" I joked. "What changed?"

"I fell in love"
~

I quickly brushed away my tears, I didnt even realise I had began crying. I did miss him...alot. I began to think about what my mum and Stan had said.

I pulled out my phone and clicked on his name and began to type out a text. I hadn't spoke to Patrick in over a year, I even his attempts to contact me, so what could I really say? A sigh escaped from my lips as I analysed the text. I quickly pressed send before switching off my phone and making my way to work.

Me: Let's talk. Can you come to London anytime soon?