Chapter 5

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat as we held eye contact. Patrick slowly stood up and motioned for me to come over. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and slowly made my way over to him. The feelings still there, like we were the only two in the room.

"Hi"

"Hi" I replied quietly and took a seat, Patrick doing the same.

"You cut your hair?" I notice that his shoulder length hair was no more, it was short but cute.

"I did" he ran his hand over the top of his head. "You let yours grow I see" I nodded in response. 

"So..." I began playing with my nails, you could cut the tension with a knife.

"Let's start on a positive shall we? You look great" I looked over to see Patrick admiring me, the same cocky smirk plastered on his face.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself" I returned the smile before looking back down. This was so awkward, I could be anywhere else but here right now.

"Okay I have a question" Patrick's face now stern.

"Go on"

"Why after a year do you decide to talk to me?" He leant back in his chair and crossed him arms.

"What?"

"You know this should've happened a year ago so why now?"

"I don't know, I was hurt and to be honest mad at you" I replied, my face frowning slightly as I looked in his direction.

"You...mad at me?" He sarcastically laughed and took a sip of his coffee. "You have no fucking right"

"Excuse me?" I snapped and sat up straight. Here we go.

"I said you have no fucking right to be mad at me!" He snarled. "I never did a damn thing to you"

"You slapped me with the divorce papers remeber, not the other way around! Right after what happened and for no fucking reason at all. So yes Patrick I do have right" I whispered harshly. I could feel myself starting to get hot. I began chewing on the inside of my right cheek, something I always did when I was angry.

"You think I wanted to do that? I had no choice! If anything Reina I should be mad at you!"

"You have no reason to be mad at me you idiot"

"You shut me out! You never spoke to me once when I tried to comfort you, you ignored me, like we wasn't even married"

"Patrick I had just lost a child of co-"

"Bitch WE. We had just lost a child. It wasn't just you it was me aswell" I saw tears begin go build up in his eyes. "Did you ever think that I needed you to get through that. Did you ever think that I needed help aswell. I needed YOU and you weren't there. Just having a pity party for yourself. I needed you like you needed me. The only difference is I tried to be there for you, you didn't. That's why I divorced you Reina, I didn't even feel like I had a wife"

"Patrick I-"

"This was a fucking mistake" he stood up quickly, his chair scraping the floor as he did. I heard whispers fill the shop. I turned to see mostly everyone staring at us.

"Mind your business!" Patrick shouted. "I'm going home, goodbye Reina"

And with that Patrick left. I wouldn't cry in public, no way. I slowly stood up and walked out the shop, making my way across the street to my studio.

Had I really been that selfish throughout that traumatic time. I mean of course I was allowed to grieve but I didn't realise I hadn't been there for Patrick at all. I never realised that I had completely ignored him. I started to imagine how it must've felt being in Patrick's position and I really couldn't blame him for acting how he did. I pulled out my phone and quickly typed.

Me: I'm so sorry

I placed my phone back into my pocket and walked into my studio. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I let my tears fall. Slowly sitting on the floor I placed my head in my hand and just silently cried.

~Meanwhile. Authors P.O.V-

Sirens echoed through the street. A crowd of people had slowly gathered by the bridge to see what the commotion was. A body had been found in the river, it was the third this month.

Mike Hanlon approached the scene, the feeling too familiar. He nervously licked his lips and made his way down to a small Bush, something catching his eye. Reaching forward, he pulled out a red balloon with the words 'I ❤ Derry' Mike stumbled in shock as he remembered 27 years ago.

He knew what he had to do.