Chapter 4

~Flashback~

"I wanna leave Derry" I sighed looking over the cliff.

"Me too I guess" Patrick glanced over at me and handed me a stone.

"What's this for?"

"Wanna see who can throw the furthest?" I stood in silence staring at him for a few seconds, a wide smile forming on my face. This was the first thing me and Patrick had done together when we was younger.

"Why not"

I threw the first stone, making sure it went quite far. Patrick threw one straight after and of course it went further than mine.

"Really Hockstetter?"

"I've still go it" Patrick proudly stated.

After that comment, my competitive side came out and it wasn't pretty! I shot insults Patrick's way every time he beat me. He never said anything back he just laughed, Patrick had gotten use to my competitive side that at this point it didn't bother him. 

"I give up, you win" I sighed and took a seat on the old log behind me.

"Don't be a sore loser" Patrick snickered and nudge my arm as he sat beside me.

"I can't help it" I whined taking a sip of water.

"Marry me" My eyes widened and I began to choke on my water. Patrick gasp and began patting my back.

"What?" I asked once I had finished my coughing fit.

"Marry me" he turned to look at me.

"Patrick are you serious?"

"Yes I'm serious look" he began fiddiling in his pocket before pulling his hand out. "I have a ring and everything"

The ring wasn't covered in diamonds or bling and it wasn't fancy at all. It was a gold banded ring with a cute little gem. But I didn't care, to me it was perfect.

"I know it's not much, I couldn't afford-"

"YES!"

"Yes?"

"Yes I'll marry you"

"You will? Cool" he snickered to himself before handing me the ring. He really had no idea but it was so adorable.

"I'm going to have a wife and stuff" he kissed me passionately on the lips before pressing his forehead onto mine.

"I love you Patrick"

"I love you too Reina"

~
The second I had gotten in from work, I ran straight up to my room and grabbed my sewing machine....well it wasn't mine it was my mums but it's in my house so it's mine now. I had to start making costumes for my dancers to wear in the show. I had the most amazing vision, I wanted my dance in a 'street but sweet' look as the show was hip hop inspired. I was getting tired of constantly doing ballet so I decide to switch it up a bit.

Fashion sure had changed since the 80's, I would never be confident enough to wear the clothes these kids liked to wear but times change. As I started to place the fabric under the needle I glanced down at my, still currently switched off, phone. I hadn't turned it on since I had sent the text. I shook my head and returned to what I was doing.

"Reina dear" I jumped, not expecting anyone to walk in.

"Shit!" I winced as I noticed I had cut myself.

"Sorry sweetie but theres someone at the door for you" my mum opened my door wider. I hadn't even heard a knock. Odd.

"Who is it?" I asked whilst grabbing a bit of tissue and placing it over my cut.

"A man" was all she said before walking away.

It couldn't be...could it?

I anxiously made my way out of my bedroom and down the stair. I noticed the front door was slightly open, my heart began to race. Was I truly ready for this? I took a deep breath and opened the door fully.

"Parcel for Reina Jacobs" Really?

"Umm yeah that's...that's me" I smiled politely and took it off of him "Thank you"

I marched back up the stairs and placed the parcel onto my bed. I got all nervous for nothing. I ran my hands over my face and took a seat back at the sewing machine. I once again quickly glanced at my phone, curiosity was beginning to get the better of me. I slowly reached for my phone and paused.

'Nah,fuck it' I thought to myself, and picked up a pen instead.

~
"Where are you of to so early?" My mum questioned. I quickly put on my coat and grabbed my keys.

"Gotta head to the studio" I took a slice of toast off of her plate.

"Thought you wasn't working today?"

"I'm not, I need more materials" I turned my phone on and headed for the door. "Wont be long"

I jumped into my car and quickly started it up. Outside was freezing, thank god for seat warmers. My phone began vibrating like crazy. I quickly pulled it out of my pocket and started blankly at the screen. 10 miss calls and over 50 text messages. I bit my bottom lip, not all of them were from him but a majority were. I chose not to read them. Before I could put it down, it vibrated once more. He had text me Just now.

Asshole: Meet me at this Starbucks

A location text soon followed quickly after that, it was right across from the studio. How did he get here to quick? I really was beginning to regret texting him. As much as I hated this moment, it had to be done. I pulled out of my driveway and began making a nerve wracking journey to Starbucks.

The smell of coffee filled the air as I walked in. My palms had become so sweaty and my heartbeat had increased rapidly. I scanned the room, the place was busy but not to the extreme. I noticed a head of jet black hair sat at the far end and on cue he turned to my direction.

Patrick.

Time to face the music I guess.