Chapter 6

It had been 3 days since my little incident with Patrick and I still couldn't get over it. So much buried emotion finally came out and in the wrong way. He hadn't spoken to me and I hadn't spoken to him. However, I would be lying if I said I still didn't love him.

I let out a sigh and drummed my fingertips on the hard wooden table. Checking my phone, I saw a text from Stan.

Curly: Hope you're doing well...  I love you Reina.

I smile to myself,Stan was a good person and an amazing friend. I quickly typed a reply to him, telling him I love him too. As I placed my phone back down, my drink appeared in front of me.

"There you go" I watched as my friend, and Co worker, Kim sat across from me.

"Thanks, I need this so much" I quickly picked my mug up and drank. The warm liquid soothing my throat.

"Nothing makes you feel better more than a nice cup of hot tea"

"You're telling me, I never really got to experience it until I moved here though"

"You was only a toddler when you moved to from here right?"

Kim had convinced me to go out and get some breakfast with her since I had been feeling down about Patrick. She knew of Patrick but didn't know too much.

"Speaking of.." she began to say as she picked up her knife and fork.

"Thank you" I whispered to the waitress as she placed my breakfast in front of me.

"How are you feeling since?" She asked placing a peice of bacon into her mouth.

"I'm...I'm okay I guess"

"I bet you are" she playfully side eyed me.

"It's difficult ok. Patrick was my my whole world and I do miss him so much but-"

"Wasn't working out?" She interrupted

"Something like that" Our conversation came to a pause as my phone began to rang. I picked it up and saw a number I didn't recognise. I showed Kim.

"That ain't no UK number that's for sure"

"I didn't know someone could ring you from the US"

"Apparently so. That's gonna be one large phone bill...answer it" I pressed accept and placed the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Reina..Reina Jacobs?"

"This is she. Who is this?"

"It's Mike"

"One second I can't hear you" The chatter in the cafe began to build. I motioned to Kim telling her I wouldn't be long and made my way outside.

"Sorry who did you say this was?"

"It's Mike from Derry" I suddenly began to feel faint.

"Mike..As in Hanlon" I placed my hand on the wooden fence to keep myself steady.

"It's me Reina"

"Well how are you?" I tired making conversation.

"You have to come home Reina"

"What?"

"IT'S come back"

------------
I raced through the traffic, trying so hard not to crash into anyone. This feeling rushed over me at the mention of Derry. But I didn't know why. I could barley remeber.
I quickly parked up and once again knocked over Dorris' statue. I got out of my car and glanced over at it.

'Screw it!' I burst through my front door and ran up the stairs. I began  throwing clothes, shoes and other stuff that I would need into my suit case. Once I had finished packing I made my way downstairs.

"Reina sweetheart where are you going in such a hurry" My mum appeared at the end of the stairs.

"I'm going back to Derry" I swiftly grabbed my keys off of the side and opened the front door.

"Derry? Why are you going back there?" She questioned.

"I'm not too sure I just know I have to go back" I shouted at her before sitting back in the drivers seat and making my way to the air port.

I'm so so sorry I haven't updated. I've been tied up in  family emergency! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know it's not much. Stay blessed Xo