Atrocity: 26

Sheb'ika glowered at the disappointing squad, once again they failed another mission. It was a simple recon job to scout for the potential rebel base located on Obas. That volcanic wasteland proved to be too much for his team even if that new Lieutenant wasn't on the field. Sheb'ika thought he would only be dead weight, but there was potential here. The kid suggested for us to use speeders with a thin lining of anti-lava rubber and that saved a few of their hides.

Sheb'ika's eyes racked over Kulan harshly and he growled, "Lieutenant, you might've proven yourself to be useful. However, there is still a lot of work to be done."

Kulan saluted. "Sir, yes, sir."

"Suck up," Raeth coughed under his breath.

Vass kicked the back of Raeth's shin causing his to stand straighter. Yarla stifled a laugh when Sheb'ika casted a cold, soulless glare and she looked ahead. With a wave of Sheb'ika's hand the stormtroopers were dismissed and Sheb'ika vanished through a set of sliding doors.

Vass spun Raeth around as he walked away. "Raeth, don't do that. I swear the Commander has no sense of humor."

"You don't either, Vass," quickly retorted Raeth.

Before Vass could answer Alta shook her head. "Both of you stop it. We need to gather more intel and to plan better for the next mission."

"It's scary when Alta is the voice of reason," commented Raeth with a smirk.

Yarla punched Raeth's shoulder. "It's scarier when you are, Raeth."

"That's a hit to my ego," retorted Raeth.

Dottie remarked, "Kulan isn't a suck up. He's being respectful to his superiors."

"Enough." Vass commanded with her back stiffening, "We don't have time for this. We'll be leaving in a few hours for our next mission."

Alta's shoulders slumped forward. "That's a quick turn around."

"I know that isn't a lot of time. Everybody rest up," declared Vass as she tiredly stalked away.

Clinker and Spike trailed after Vass and Clinker spoke to Kulan, "You're not doing too bad, Jal." Then, Clinker and Spike vanished after Vass to their quarters and their voices faded away.

Krekor rubbed his eyes. "Well, we should go pack again."

"Yarla and I will do that later." Raeth determined and glanced at Yarla, "We've got business to attend to."

Yarla backed away with Raeth, "Yeah, we need to go clean some of our blasters." Raeth and Yarla darted away with wide grins.

"Have fun. Let's go Krekor, Dottie, and Kulan. Those two are up to something," Alta advised and walked back with them.

Kulan fiddled with his sleeves. "I want to know what they're up to."

"Trust me you don't," cautioned Dottie.

"I'm sure it's nothing-," Kulan began.

Krekor pushed Kulan and interrupted, "It's something ridiculous. Do I need to herd you?"

"I believe so," stated Alta as she turned to Krekor.

Krekor ushered Alta and Kulan forward, their feet shuffled across the smooth floor illuminated with the white lights. The stormtroopers armor rubbed against their clothing underneath, Kulan's gray Imperial uniform felt too hot in the enclosed starship. A few seconds later Yarla and Raeth popped out from around a corner with devious glints in their eyes. A fellow stormtrooper from another unit aboard the ship trailed after the two. The stormtrooper towered above Yarla and Raeth, his tired, green eyes warily followed them.