002

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣

chapter two:tale as old as time !

chapter two:
tale as old as time !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IT WAS SUCH a normal sight to see. Violetta stood in Athena's room, standing in front of her full length mirror while Athena sat at her vanity. Her face was set in concentration, focusing solely on her task at hand, which was pinning the two front pieces of her hair back with bobby pins. Miscellaneous Taylor Swift songs played softly in the background from Athena's speaker.

Suddenly, a knock sounded at the door. Violetta glanced over at it for a moment before looking back in the mirror, securing one of the bobby pins in her hair.

"Come in," Athena called.

Artemis, Athena's older sister, then opened the door. "Hey, I'm leaving. Be careful and call me if you need anything, okay? I think mom and dad are spending the night at our aunt's house."

"Thanks, Artie. Have fun."

"Not too much fun!" Violetta exclaimed to Artemis as she shut the door, grinning as she heard the girl scoff, pinning another bobby pin in her hair so it made an x with the other on one side.

Athena laughed in response. "I don't think she's going to do anything crazy, Vi. You know Artemis, she's chill."

Violetta made another x with a bobby pin on the other side before looking in the mirror, satisfied at the way it felt secure. "Yeah, but homegirl's going off to college in a couple of months. You never know."

"Don't remind me." Athena let out a sigh. "It's gonna be so weird not having her around all the time. We've never really been separated . . . ever."

"I get it. Especially with EJ . . . we're doing really well, but I'm gonna miss him a lot when he leaves."

For the past couple of days, Violetta had started to realize that EJ was going away so soon. It had never really occurred to her until EJ had texted her, saying that went he went off to college, he would take the picture frame he had gotten from her for Christmas with him to put in his dorm room. She knew that they had only been dating for a short amount of time and just started to be friends in around October, but imagining an East High, or even a Salt Lake City without EJ was hard to swallow.

Fear often crept into her mind. What if he found somebody better at college? What if this whole relationship was just EJ messing around? Violetta could tell that she was just being ridiculous, but most of the time, her head got the better of her.