020

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗘𝗣

chapter twenty:I've loved you since the firsttime you picked up your ukulele

chapter twenty:
I've loved you since the first
time you picked up your ukulele . . .
oh wait, wrong speech !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

THE WHOLE THEATER group sat in the booths of Salt Lake Slices for their celebration for finishing opening night. Violetta felt a lot happier than she did before. Maybe it was the way she was nestled comfortably into EJ's side at the booth they shared with Athena or Ricky, or maybe it was the way all of them were joking around after a day filled with stress, or maybe it was how she had sang songs in the car with EJ like normal. Nevertheless, her heart started to glow after it had been in the shadows for a little while.

Ashlyn raised her cup of soda in a toast. "Tonight was one for the record books."

All of them cheered. Violetta smiled and picked up her own cup of soda, knocking it with Ricky's from where he was sitting diagonal from her. She felt EJ press a kiss to her temple, and her smile only widened.

"I literally don't even remember being on stage," Carlos revealed.

Seb put his hand on top of Carlos'. "The rest of us will never forget it."

Athena nodded in agreement. "For real, Carlos. You absolutely slayed in Be Our Guest."

The bell to the restaurant then chimed, signaling that somebody had entered the restaurant. Violetta blinked in confusion. Slices had been closed for a private event, which they were at, and everyone was here. Violetta turned, only to let out a scoff and roll her eyes in annoyance. None other than Lily and Antoine had entered. Violetta was hoping that she would never have to see Lily and her stupid little blonde ponytail ever again after tonight, but here she was, ruining her plans.

Literally nobody wanted them there. To show how much they didn't, all of them let out a chorus of boo's.

"Okay, easy, easy, easy, easy, Wildcats," Lily said. "We just came to congratulate you all."

"Congratulate us?" Athena repeated in shock.

"Especially you, Athena." Violetta's eyes momentarily narrowed, but Lily seemed completely serious — there wasn't a hint of malice in her tone or on her face. "I mean it."

"Uh . . ." Athena trailed off, and she shared a glance with Violetta, who just shrugged helplessly. "Thanks, I guess."

"It is true," Antoine stated. "Your show had a beginning, a middle, and an end. It was wonderful."