Prologue

(A/n: Helllo ☺️. Come to enjoy my writing, eh? Cool. Thanks lol. Enjoy!)

I didn't expect this...

How am I going to get away now?

A mere few feet behind, you could hear him coming closer. Your body was snugly enveloped by his embrace, his head resting on your shoulder.

"You were just going to leave without telling me?"

"......"

"Why," his arms tightened around you, "Haven't I proven myself worthy of your trust?"

Mumbling, "Yeah..."

"Then, why won't you tell me anything?" He gently lets go and flips you around by the shoulders.

"It's not your business."

"How...can you say that? After all this time...am I not important to you?"

Sighing, "Of course, you're important to me, Uramichi. I just... I have to go home."

"Is it because of what your father said?"

Nodding, you avert your eyes to the marbled floor. "I can't keep running away. I have to face him and tell him how I feel."

"Does it have to be in the middle of the night though?" He checks the near clock on the wall, "I should be sleeping."

"I didn't tell you to come after me. Nor did I expect you to realize that I planned to leave. I wanted to be as stealthy as possible."

"Are you trying to break my heart after you just fixed it?" He narrows his eyes at you, "I'll have to punish you."

Face flushing over, you shrink beneath his sultry gaze. Before you knew it, he was taking the suitcase and duffle bag out of your hands.

"I-I can carry my things." You reach for them but he pulls away.

"I want to do it for you." He tenderly smiles, "Then, after we get some rest tomorrow, we can fly to America together."

"T-to America together?" You gaze up at him in awe. "I don't think you want to meet my family."

Intertwining his finger with yours, he leans down to kiss your lips. Surprising you with the unexpected passion.

Drawing away, he stares into your glittering eyes, "Let me be for you what you are for me, (F/n). I love you."

Eyes widening, you stammer, "L-love... me??"

Chuckling, he cups your face in his oversized hand, "Of course, it's you. Who else?" He smiles.

Blushing, "Right. It's me that you love.", your heart swells with warmth.

"Let's go home."

"Um... I kind of emptied my apartment and returned the key to the landlady." You sheepishly murmur.

"My home is your home. I'll always let you in."

"Omota... I... Thank you."

Taking your hand once more, he leads you out of the airport and to a taxi.

No one but your sister ever went out of their way for you. Not to this extent.

To come searching for you past midnight hours is a bold statement, indeed. You can't help but wonder what tipped him off that you were leaving though.

As you sit in the backseat, he throws your things in the trunk, coming around to enter quickly.

"What made you come to the airport?"

"You don't have any friends and you spend all your time at home. Where else would you go?"

Pouting, "I-I have a bit of a social life..."

"Also after that phone call you received last week you were acting strangely. Especially when you stayed at my place two days in a row."

"Ahh. Is that what it was? I have to cover my tracks more carefully next time."

"If you intend to run away, don't expect me to be too far behind you." He smirks.

"Heh. Looks like you're the predator now and I'm the prey, huh?"

"That's right. You won't escape me." His lips lovingly connect to yours.

End.

(A/n: Just a lil something slight for y'all. I'll be back ✌🏾😶‍🌫️)