Two

(A/n: hi there, again. 🤗. I present another chap. Sorry I been slacking. But yknow, shit happens lol. Here you go tho! Enjoy!)

"Weren't you afraid to move across the country all alone? You're isolated from your family."

"I didn't need to move away to feel isolated from them. I just wanted something different. A new experience."

Resting his hand upon his cheek, he asks, "Is it what you expected?"

"Does life ever go the way anyone expects it?" You tighten your grasp around the tepid cup of tea.

"I suppose not. Are you making progress?"

Nodding, "Yeah. I wish the pace would pick up though. Patience isn't my strong suit but I have no choice but to make it be. Pretty inconvenient– wouldn't you say?"

"It's undeniably inconvenient." He pulls his hand away from his face, shuffling around in his pocket. "Care if I smoke at the table?"

"Do as you desire." You raised the stick of mitarashi dango to your mouth.

The two of you strolled about, endlessly chatting without so much as a clue where to go. That is until you came upon this izakaya. You've been here for hours, intrigued by the natural flow of conversation.

There aren't many people here and the dim lighting mixed with the laidback atmosphere is comforting. Besides, sitting next to him is better than across the table like before.

You can smell a subtle hint of bergamot and cedar wood combined with the tobacco lingering around him. Such a comely scent would draw any woman's attention. His simple yet clean-cut appearance and suave words are alluring.

He doesn't even know he's the definition of walking sex appeal. How could anyone not be attracted to such masculinity?

Hazily stealing glances at his side-profile, you couldn't help but suck the inside of your cheek. The dango is good but not as delicious as him smoking a cigarette.

"(L/n)," He fixes his eyes on you, "Is there a reason you are staring at me?"

"Oh, I thought I was being subtle." You chomp down on the last dango.

"Not really. Are you thinking about something?" He inquires, tapping his ash away.

"I was thinking you've never slept with a woman before. So, convincing you to bed me wouldn't be easy."

Stiffening up from your words, his face blooms a reddish hue. "Wh...what are you–?"

"I want to take advantage of you," you scan him over, "but I'll refrain. You shouldn't give your virtue away to just anyone."

Taken aback, he stammers, "I...I've been with women before. Not a lot but enough!" He picks his cup up, downing it all. "But why me?"

Giggling, you lay your right hand on his left, "Why not you?"

"...I didn't expect you to be so presumptuous." He tilts his head back, exhaling with closed eyes.

"What can I say? I know what I want." You remove your hand from his and pick up your tea. "You did make it pretty clear earlier that nothing would happen though. Right?"