Chapter 9

Gabriella's pov:

I have my first lesson today. With Jaxon. Someone I don't hate but I don't exactly like either.

I am sitting in chemistry waiting for the bell to ring, to pick up Mason and go home. We're working on exercises except I am already done so, I am waiting.

Chemistry is one of the rare subjects I understand and have good grades in. If I tried I could have good grades everywhere, but I'm not exactly the best in time management, so, with taking care of Mason, the house, myself, the bills, and everything else, homework isn't my priority. Has long as my grades are well enough for me to graduate I don't care, it's not like I am going to college anyway.

I could, except for one problem, money. There's no way I could ever pay for it, and anyway's I don't need college, I will start working somewhere, and hopefully, it will be a good job, so I and especially Mason can have a rest of a good life, even with our unfortunate beginning.

Luckily for me, my father was passed out when we got home yesterday, meaning no beating for me, and my body is okay I guess, also meaning the first lesson won't be super terrible, or too hard on me.

I still have bruises on my chest, specifically my ribs and stomach, also on my arms. They will hurt but, I can power through it, for most of the lesson, I'm sure.

It's weird tho, usually, father only sleeps around 6 pm. He has been going to bed earlier than usual lately, not that I'm complaining it just means I won't have more bruises or scars on me.

It's also an advantage, for now, if he goes to sleep earlier, it will be easier for the practices. That's why I wanted to start at 6:30.

Once my father falls asleep, I will get Mason ready and put him to bed, then I will get ready and go. My dad should not wake up and Mason neither, I will do the lesson and come back as nothing happened with neither knowing.

I plan to do that routine every week until the end of the school year.

Hopefully, everything will go according to plan.

Same, Sally.

I wonder why he said yes?

What?

Well you know, why would Jaxon King, say yes to train us. Even with the 3 times call thing, he could have just walked away but he stayed and made a deal with us, why?

I don't know! Maybe he pitied us seeing me look so desperate. Maybe he felt the same electricity I did when we touched, I doubt it considering he probably has a line of girls waiting for him. He might be a jackass most of the time, still doesn't change the fact that he is hot.

Even if he did feel it, Jaxon probably doesn't care, he's emotionless all the damn time, if it wasn't for the times I saw him angry or irritated-

Because of you.

Yes, because of me. Anyway, I would think he didn't have actual emotions but, my stubbornness and annoyingness proved that theory wrong more than once.

I don't know why I always end up fighting with him. I usually only argue or defend myself, to people who provoke me, still with Jaxon, I also get mad and riled up.

That rarely happens, even with my father.

Most of the time I can't feel my emotions except for fine, or okay. I laugh and smile, nevertheless, they're fake almost every time. Only Jaxon can get me as mad and irritated over small things like him.

I admit, I kinda like it. Just feeling for a couple of minutes without all the sadness, just angriness.

It will be fun seeing how we will work together without fighting all the time. Although it must not be that hard, I am there for something serious to me, I won't let something I kinda like get into the way of me protecting my brother, no matter how much I enjoy it.