Chapter 17

Delilah's pov:

That's it I'm done, if someone wants to kill me, they can.

I bent over holding my stomach and breathing hard. I just finished the warm-up to start practicing and I'm exhausted. 

"I can't feel my heartbeat, I think I'm dead," Eli complains. again. I swear this dude complains more than 14-year-old girls. 

"Oh shush, will you?" I get back up and take a few deep breaths, I need to keep going, I need to be able to defend myself.  

"Okay get up you lazy ass," I order Elliot. 

"Who you calling a lazy ass?" he replies sassily. 

"You." I start putting wraps on.  

He gasps, "How dare you! Anyway we both know you love my ass" he turns, tries, and fails to shake his ass. 

How is this my best friend? I'm really happy to have Gabriella as a friend right now. And Taylor, but that's a whole different story anyway.

Just I think that the door opens and there comes Gabi. With a blonde toddler. Bitch the fuck? 

Does she have a brother and didn't tell me? Actually, I don't care, we are friends but we still need time to actually be close friends.

She walks up to us and smiles "Delilah and Eli this is Mason, Mason these are my somewhat friends. They're nice," she presents us. 

Somewhat friends? Better than last time, she is getting somewhere! Last time she called us acquaintances to her. 

This girl has some serious trust issues, maybe even bigger than my brother's, and that means something. 

 The little boy looks up and smiles big waving at us. 

Omg, I want one. 

No, you don't.

And you can't, you like women dumbass. Fucking period hormones. 

"Well hi, kiddo, how old are you?" Eli asks probably trying to figure out if he is her kid or brother. Mason puts up four fingers. That would mean she had him at 13. Holy fuck, if it is her kid, I hope that was consensual. 

"I am going to start my lesson with the big guy, where could Mason go?" Gabi ask us. 

Oh right her 'lessons'. I mean they are lessons technically but half of it is flirting with each other and trying to convince each other that they don't feel anything. It's actually pretty fun to watch when we have time. 

"He can stay with me and this dumbass if you want, for now, we are taking a break anyway. When we are finished he can go on the bench in the corner so you can see him." I explain. Gabriella is pretty secretive so the fact that she brought him means she is starting to warm up to us. Plus I want to know the little kid and his life, also more about Gabriella's. 

I know taking answers from a 4-year-old is low but it's not like I'm doing anything unmoral, just asking a few questions. Either way, it's better me than junior jake over there. 

She hesitates but nods anyway, "thanks D, means a lot to me," she bents down and tells Mason something in his ear. He looks back at both of us and nods too. 

Wounder what the fuck that was for. Whatever. 

 Gabi leaves to go see Jaxon and I bent down to Mason's level, "hey, you want to go sit down over there?" 

He nods and starts running towards the bench beside the desk. 

I guess we are going there. 

I and Eli walk toward him and sit down beside the kiddo. We stay in awkward silence for a bit with me and Eli looking booth at each other trying to urge one of us to start talking.