xxxvi. food

sleeping your problems away did not help.

you woke up around 15:30 (3PM), completely exhausted and starving. missing out on lunch and breakfast really took a toll on you.

the first thing you did was check your notifications when you woke up. there still wasn't a single notification from any of the chats, but hopefully they would see them in the morning.

you removed the covers off of you and stood up, looking at yourself in the mirror. your hair was thrown everywhere, grease lined you face, and your eye bags could rival aizawa's.

it was not a pretty sight.

grabbing the brush from your dresser, you tried your best to get the knots out of your hair. after a minute of doing so you said "fuck it" and threw the brush onto your bed.

your mind was all over the place.

slapping your face, you turned away from the mirror and strutted out of your room into the kitchen for a snack. you haven't eaten anything all day and your body wad craving anything at that point. it was on sight for food.

you yawned, opening the fridge door. there was a bunch of leftover mac-n-cheese and random bowls of pasta left inside of the fridge. apple juice, orange juice, pomegranate and blueberry juice, any juice you could have wanted was inside of that cold container.

there was barely anything in the fridge that seemed appetizing to you. closing the door, you walked to the pantry and slid the doors open.

peering inside of it, there were mountains of different cereal you never heard of and bread that could last you through three separate hurricanes. of course, there wasn't any milk or any lunchmeat you remembered seeing to create a sandwich or to have cereal.

sighing, you grabbed a packet of ramen and placed it onto the counter. you opened the cabinets, just to find that none of the bowls were clean. you groaned and placed the ramen away.

this day has not been in your favor.

"hey."

you turned around to spot the one and only jay. he walked towards the fridge, opening it to presumably find something to eat.

"there's no food to eat," you stated, sitting on top of the aquamarine counter.

he sighed, closing the fridge. he walked to the pantry and opened it as well. you rolled your eyes at the red-head.

"no food in there either." you shrugged.

he popped his out from the pantry, cocking his eyebrow. "but theres ramen right here?" he questioned, holding up a packet.

"theres not a single clean bowl in this house."

he groaned, putting the ramen back. "i just wanna eat," he complained.

"same. have you seen my father anywhere? i need to talk to him." jay shook his head. you groaned once again.

"why?" jay asked, tilting his head to the side.

"i'm suppose to go home either tomorrow morning or quite literally tonight," you explained. "but i haven't heard anything else of it since this morning."

"thought you were suppose to stay for another week?" he jumped onto the counter in front of you, his head resting on the cabinets behind him.

"i thought so too."

"why are you leaving so early then?"

you sighed. "basically, i go to ua right? i'm apart of the hero course and what not. well, i was suppose to go on a week-long summer camping trip with my classmates and friends but i wasn't able to because i had to come here."

he nodded his head. "well, a group of villains attacked the camp and one of my friends was kidnapped. now they're probably gonna suspect me of being the 'ua traitor' since i was in america for the time being. i have no idea if anyone is okay since none of them have answered my texts and its about five in the morning for them."

silence filled the air. you observed jay as he didn't make any movements.

shit was awkward as hell.

"so you basically have not even a day left in america?" he asked, lifting his head from the cabinets.

you cocked an eyebrow at him. "yeah?"

he nodded, resting his head again.

you gave him an odd look, ignoring the weird aura that he was giving off.

the silence was so loud, yet so quiet. it wasn't awkward like before; more calming than anything.

it was weird. he was being weird.

"why are you being so weird?" you blurted out.

jay lifted his head and made contact with you. he stared at you for a few seconds before hopping off the counter.

your eyes followed his figure as he left the kitchen without saying anything. you rolled your eyes and sighed as you hopped off the counter as well.

you debated on following him, but decided against it since there wasn't really any point.

deciding to look for your father, you hop off the counter and wandered the house. first stopping in the living room, the only thing in there was the television playing some kids show you never heard of.

then you chose to look in the bathrooms, which were also empty. it was as if he ✨disappeared✨ from the face of the earth (not that you were complaining).

a gurgle from behind the pink door caught you attention. peek through the cracked door, you spot the tiny s/c girl looking up at you with bright green eyes. furrowing your eyebrows, you opened the door a bit more to find her standing in the middle of the room.

you don't think she's suppose to be doing that yet.

"woah hey there. what are you doing uh- kid?" you stumbled over your words, causing her to clap and smile at you. you grimaced as she made fun of you.

"i can't just leave you in here alone," you muttered.

you decided to place her back in her crib, shushing her as she made her weird baby noises. slowly stepping out of the door, you let out a breath of relief.

then she started crying.

you groaned, deciding to just let her cry it out. you did not want any baby snot on your clothes.

walking away, you end up in front of your fathers door. lightly knocking on it, you waited a few seconds before deciding to open the door.

no one was in there.

you sighed again. where the hell could that man be?!

since you were already in there, you decided to snoop through his items and maybe charlotte's items as well.

the room was painted a dirty beige with accents of brown imbedded into it. all of the furniture was dark oak, maybe a bit of lighter oak here and there, but other than that it was all dark oak.

you decided to go through charlotte's items first, but she has nothing interesting. only jewelry and a bunch of church items, plus some baby toys.

your father on the other hand a whole ass gun locker and his laptop completely open. being the nosy person you are, you chose to snoop through his laptop.

there wasn't anything special at first glance, just files and normal work things. but you knew him better than that- considering all the threats he's made to you- there was something that he was hiding.

you clicked on a bunch of files, eventually finding one that read "Secret File". of course, you had to click on it.

"EW NAH." you screeched, immediately clicking out of the file and turning off the computer.

"my eyes have been diseased," you grumbled, rubbing your eyes and leaving the room.

'never gonna be nosy ever again.'