xlvii. anxiety

the group chat completely disappeared.

your evidence was gone. erased.

as if nothing ever happened.

"it's gone," you mumbled, panic settling in.

you felt everyone's gaze upon your fear-stricken body. your stare stayed on your message board.

you swore it was there yesterday. it was there definitely. you were messaging them not even two nights ago. where'd it go? why is it gone?

who's setting you up?

"what do you mean it's gone, l/n?" all might asked, clearly worried.

"the group chat i was apart of... it's gone!" by this point, your hands were uncontrollably shaking. your breathing started to become erratic.

someone was setting you up.

"group chats can't just disappear," the detective deadpanned, clearly annoyed at your "shenanigans".

you inhaled, trying to take control of your breathing. "i was just s-speaking to them two nights ago, before a...aizawa and vlad king and all might c...came to my house to arrest me. i-i don't understand!"

you balled your firsts, attempting to stop them from shaking. it wasn't fair. none of this was fair. what'd you do to deserve this?

"none of what you're saying is making sense l/n. you say you're not the traitor yet you were speaking to them two nights ago? it doesn't add up," endeavor spoke up, scoffing. "i say just kick them from yueei and call it a day."

you gaped at him, wide-eyed. kick you from ua? you won't be able to go to any other school if you're kicked from the best hero school in all of japan!

"i think you're getting ahead of yourself, endeavor," aizawa grunted, crossing his arms. "there's no way to tell if they're telling the truth or not."

"there is a way, actually."

everyone turned their heads to face your mom, whom suddenly spoke up. you awed at her, because you knew exactly why she was thinking.

"my quirk is lie-detector. we can use that to tell whether or not they're lying," she explained, crossing her hands in front of her.

"and how do we know you're not being biased?" the detective asked.

valid question.

"i promise not to be biased. i couldn't possibly lie in a situation like this," she stated honesty.

you sighed in relief, unclenching your shaking hand. she was your life saver. best mom award is going to her.

"ask away," she declared, activating her quirk.

the detective stared you in the eyes. "is the league group chat actually gone from your phone?"

you nodded. "yes it is. and i have no idea why it's gone either."

the detective turned to your mom for an answer. she nodded, "truth."

he nodded, asking another question. "why did you continue to contact the league?"

"i genuinely thought they were good people," you answered honestly. "i didn't suspect anything else."

"truth," your mom replied with shortly after.

"have you told the league anything personal about yourself or the students?"

you needed to ponder for a moment. you can't even go back onto the group chat to remember everything.