Ⅱ. Washed Away By The Sea.

CHAPTER TWO
. Washed Away By The Sea.

I met with Kiara at The Wreck and helped her close up, It was just her, the blond with and eye problem wasn't there and neither were the other two.

"So, where are you from?" Kiara asks, passing me knives and forks to dry after she cleans them.

"Georgia." I reply. Kiara lifts her eyebrows at me "Georgia?" the girl repeats. "Yeah, my dad, my brother and I moved here." I tell her.
"Fancy." she sings. "ohhh, yeah for sure." I chuckle.

"How are you liking the OBX?" she asks another question while she fully submerges a pot in the soapy water and starts to clean. "So far so good, I only got here this morning so I haven't really done anything" I answer truthfully.

"I can fix that." She gleams.

We now sat on the metal roof of a house under construction, the house was on the beach front and had a beautiful view.

"This used to be a turtle habitat." Kiara sighs from next to me, we both sat on the roof looking straight forward at the sea and the reflection of the moon. "People are unbelievable, building shit where ever they want." I reply after taking a deep breath of the crisp clean air, the air always smells better at night than day. "Right!" Kiara agrees with me.

The sound of the waves crashing against one another fills the silence between us, I'm not surprised we don't know what to say to each other, we met a few hours ago. I turn to look at Kiara with a smirk on my face

"Wanna get high?" I ask her, getting a dimpled smile in return, "You and JJ would get along." She said.

"Blond, eye problem boy?" I question her. "Yes, JJ Maybank." She answers.

I ignore the conversation about the blond and reach for the mint tin that was in my bag. In there is all my stuff, I pull out a pre-rolled J, place it between my lips before lighting it and breathing a long hit in, letting the intoxicating substance enter my system, I pass the joint to Kiara who happily take it from me breathing in and releasing a cloud of smoke from her mouth.

We continue to share the joint between us slowly drifting away from sobriety. 

At this point I'm on cloud 9, the temperature is perfect despite wind being blown through my hair, I've been in the Outer banks for not even 24 hours and it feels like all my problems have washed away by the sea.

I scoot to the edge of the roof, allowing my legs to dangle off the side of the house and Kiara lay on her back, "Can you please not kill yourself?" She asks though it really wasn't a question, I laugh.

"Hey Violet?" Kiara calls for me, I hum in response still mesmerised by the moonlit night, "I don't have many girl-friends." She told me, I huff out a laugh "I don't have any friends, like at all" I reply.

"I think we can both fix each others problems." the girl smiles, "I guess so."  

Kiara and I continue to smoke on top of the roof, but then the lights turned on in the house next door, The girl looks at me and I look at her causing us to laugh. Once we look back to the bright window we see an older lady wearing a silk robe pacing around while on the phone.

"Shit, She's calling security, We need to go." Kiara panics, Stands up and starts walking towards the scaffolding we climbed to get on the roof, I throw my bag on my back and follow her down,
"I say we have 7 minutes to get off figure 8 and back on the cut, You think we can do it?" Kiara asks me with a daring smirk telling me there is only one right answer, so I start running.

"Kiara, I just got here I can't be caught by security!" I laugh behind me so my voice reaches her, "You won't, follow me." She replies and grabs my wrist, pulling me into a bush, I'm now behind her, I close my eyes to avoid any leaves or bugs getting in.

Before I know It we are back on the cut and walking very out of breath. "What should we do?" I ask "Wanna go to John B's?" Kiara suggests.

"I don't even know him!" I point out. "All the more reason to pay him a visit." the curly haired girl chipped and began walking toward I can only assume jombie's or whatever his name is.

We walk down the gravel drive way and arrive at the house which is in a similar state to the old house we used to live in at home.

The front door is wide open, letting light spill out, Kiara walks in first followed by me. "JB, I come bearing a new friend" the girl spoke for the boy to hear causing two doors from either side of the hallway open. One held jombie in question as well as... staring problem blond boy, who curiously peered out the door.

"This is Violet." Kiara spoke and made jazz hands in front of me"

"Hi, I'm John B" The boy wearing a backwards cap said with a smile before sitting on the couch in front of where we stood, JJ followed this movement and sat besides him.

"So what did you two get up to tonight?" Kiara asked the boys sprawled on the sofa. "Not much you know, just had a few beers." JJ answered, Kiara nodded in approval, "I showed Violet the house being built over a turtle habitat, and then we smoked but then some lady called security, so now we are here, I thought it would be cool if you met my new friend." She spoke, proudly.

"Wait, Kie, you're high?" JJ asked, sitting up from his slouched position. The girl just smiled which said it all, "Since when do you smoke? I haven't seen you smoke in months." He points out.

"So? I just felt like it." Kiara shrugs and sits down on the bean bag on the floor, patting for me to sit next to her. "Wait? let me get this straight. you stop smoking for months but now you are smoking in the middle of the night with some sketchy touron? Excuse me for thinking this is a little sus" JJ who sounds like he's fun at parties shot like I wasn't sitting right in front of him, JJ not only has a staring problem but a stick up his ass.

"I'm not sketchy." I speak up, causing JJ to huff "You're some mysterious girl that just randomly showed up today, that equals sketchy"

"Well aren't you cranky." I scoff.

"JJ, she isn't a touron, Vi moved here this morning." Kiara told him.

"brilliant."

I can't tell If JJ doesn't like me or if he's just all around a dick.

I left John B's place soon after that due to not feeling exactly welcome, I don't know what I've done to JJ In my past life but he does not like me, It won't keep me up at night though, I couldn't care less if some random entitled boy doesn't like me.

I snuck through my open window instead of walking through the front door, as I don't think my dad would take sneaking out on the first night in the new house nicely.

When I get to the house, I flop down into my air mattress which might as well not be there because nothing broke my fall as all the air had escaped causing me to face plant into the wood floors. I couldn't even be bothered to blow it back up so I lay on the floor with a flat air bed separating me from the wood.

I stuff my face into my pillow.

authors note

not proof read, so sorry if there are typos as I was high while writing half of this chapter, had to get in the right head space yk?

I'm trying to decide how enemies they should be, like how much should JJ and Violet hate each other?

word count 1362.