Ⅶ. Homemade Bong.

CHAPTER SEVEN
. Homemade Bong.

"Where are you going?" My Dad asked me in a harsh tone that made the hairs on my arms stand up, It was the next day and I was just leaving to the driveway where I would be picked up by my friends.

I wore low rise shorts and a thin brown long sleeve that flares at the wrists, It was thin enough that I wouldn't over heat in the day by thick enough that I wouldn't freeze at night.

"Out" I snap "Don't worry, I'll stay away from any ditches" I say with a sarcastic smile on my face referring to his comment from our previous argument, Dad and I don't usually argue, I don't spend enough time inside the house to actually pick a fight with anyone, but whenever we do it often gets pretty heated.

I walk out the sliding doors to the back yard and toward the driveway where I met with the same group of people I had before, "Howdy" Kiara says in a western accent as she pretends to dip her imaginary hat, I huff out a laugh before entering the volkswagon

"'sup with you?" she asks with a concerned look on her face, "nothing just got into a fight with my dad, but, I'm sure I will live" I truthfully told her "well, i'm here if you need someone to talk to" the girl offers "thanks kie" I say as a slight smile tug at my lips, John B begins to drive the van away from my house.

After being picked up we drove into town and sat with some of the groups friends, Kiara and John B sat either side of the girl, Pope was stood next to JB and JJ and I hovered nearby Kiara, we all sat and talked with the girl before our attention was drawn to a lady running towards a group of paramedics.

"Who's that? I ask anyone who has the answer, there is a moment of silence while everyone is distracted by the lady wailing over the body of the stretcher, "It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm." The girl who was sandwiched between Kie and John B replied to me, "Check out this pic I got." she says showing us a picture on her phone "dead body" she says excitedly.

"Insane" Kie comments, "holy shit" John B adds, I feel sick, how could somebody be so insensitive to take a photo of a dead body to show around like it was gossip? disgust grows on my face, not because I was staring at a picture of a torn up body, but because this girl didn't have any respect for the dead, when I die, I'm going to haunt her ass, "Unbelievable." I scoff

My words cause JJ to turn and look at me, the emotion on his face unclear, all I know is the look on his face wasn't a scowl so that's a win from me, The blond turns away from me and back to the girl "What kind of boat did he have?" he asks the girl,

"Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it." she replied to JJ.

Holy shit.

After learning that the owner of the sunken Grady-white was in-fact was newly dead Scooter Grubbs, everyone rushed back to the Château, Kiara was teaching herself to play the ukulele, JJ was playing with his metal lighter, John B was being emo and staring off into the sunset while I made a bong out of a old bottle.

As I start to make my first hole in the bottle Pope Heyward bursts through the door.

"Okay, so um. we didn't see anything, We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia." Pope frantically lists

"Actually, Pope's right for once." JJ said causing everyone's heads including mine to turn in his direction "See, I agree with you sometimes." he adds, standing up from his seat, JJ starts walking in John B direction "Deny, deny, deny." he repeats.

"Guys, we can't keep that money." Kiara sounds her concern that JJ then dismissed  "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ spat  "We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma." Kie spoke back,