XIX. Fantasy or Reality?

CHAPTER NINETEEN.
XIX. Fantasy or Reality?

Violet always used to have a good relationship with her father. Well that was up until her half brother Logan came along and her Dad forgot all about her.

She would start doing things to provoke him in hopes that she could manage to get the slightest hint of attention from him. She did things she knew would get a rise out of him like telling him that Logan wasn't her real brother, he was only half of her blood as he was the product of an old girlfriend.

After Violet's biological Mother disappeared out of her life it took awhile for her father to start dating again. But when he finally started it was like a switch and he never stopped.

He started bringing home girls, some turned into girlfriends, most he never saw again, and some were only a few years older than his daughter which started a lot of arguments between them.

But then when he met Lisa. She was nice, pretty and old enough so that was a plus. She also almost fixed the man, before he went and fucked everything up.

Lisa was texting her dad but he wouldn't reply so she texted Violet asking if she could come over to talk about something, (Something that she later found out was a positive pregnancy test.) However Violet wasn't in at the time so she told her to let herself in.

Unfortunately for Lisa, A broken record cannot stop skipping and she later found her boyfriend in bed with another woman.

She left him with the baby and fucked off to Europe probably, which was obviously as pain in Violet's ass, being 7 at the time and not even having 2 pennies to rub together.

Violet was sure her father really did love Lisa or else why would he just forget about her and leave for Logan.

So yeah, There wasn't much of a good example of a healthy relationship or display of love growing up in the Marcus household.

"My question still stands. Why can't we do anything legal for fun?" Pope Heyward asks the van full of people.

"Because nothing legal is ever fun Poppy." Violet replies smiling at the boy with right morals. You could really tell who was raised without parental issues here.

"I just don't understand why we have to steal for this mission. Isn't there anything else we can do? I mean we can paint? that's legal. Or let's go swimming! I can't be caught doing anything illegal my merit scholarship is on the line here." He says which of course Violet understood just how important this scholarship was to Pope.

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it, And besides you're not doing anything illegal you're just a witness." John B replies to the boy.

'"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality.'" He said randomly.

Violet was sat next to Kiara on the floor but she was really just watching JJ roll a joint, He really can't do anything without being high. It's slightly concerning.

"Did you come up with that?" John B asks his brainy friend.

"Albert Bernstein came up with it, But it applies to this whole treasure hunting thing." Pope replied and Kohn B muttered a quite 'oh.'