A Confidant After a Scolding

"If having relations with a sibling or a Ghoul is going to be affecting your ability to be Papa, maybe you shouldn't have any. You're lucky none of the big shot officials, aside from myself, were present. That was down right embarrassing for the both of us." Sister Imperator scolded him with a deep frown.

"No, Sister, believe me. That's not what was going on. I admit I was a bit out of it but... Honestly, I don't think anyone noticed. And might I add, who are you to tell me not to have any relationships? I'm grown-ass man and, not to mention, I'm Papa."

"Relationships? So you're dating this sex fiend who has taken advantage of you?"

"Sex fiend? Adva- Sister, no. I'm not dating. But if I was, it's no concern of yours. And I wasn't taken advantage of." Copia pouted. He felt childish with the way she was talking to him.

Sister Imperator raised her chin to give the appearance of looking down on him, even though he stood at least half-a-head taller than her. "Everything any of the Papas do is my concern. We have an image to uphold here. Don't you forget who chose you to be Papa. Don't you forget about your predecessors. Talk of your high horse again and we'll see who's left standing." She glared at him, daring him to respond with some smart-ass comment.

He swallowed a lump in his throat, truly afraid.

Satisfied, she turned on her heel and walked out of the chapel.

Copia realized that he had started sweating again. His heart was pounding in his ears as well. The fear he felt reminded him that his visitor was still in the confessional booth.

He crossed over to where the booth was and stuck his head inside. Empty. He looked in his side of the booth. Also empty. He looked around the room, going so far as looking under a pew. Where was he?

He paused near the doorway to the backroom to think. Not two seconds after he stood still, he was grabbed from behind and pulled through the back exit. A hand clamped over his mouth before a yelp could escape him.

Once the shock wore off, his captor released their hold on him. He spun around to see The Man standing very close to him. Copia's chin was at the same height as his visitor's collarbone. He hadn't realized how much of a height difference there was before. Granted, they didn't really spend time standing next to each other.

"Why are you here? You do know this building is restricted, right?" Copia whisper-yelled at him. "I can't even begin to imagine what would happen to either of us if Sister Imperator saw you here."

The only response he received was two strong hands gripping his hips so as to keep him from moving.

"Sex?" Copia huffed. "I'm a little busy. Let's agree to keep that a night-time activity."

Michael looked around the room before facing him again with the slightest of shrugs.

"No. As soon as one of us, most likely me, is publicly indecent, someone will walk in. Believe me, that's my luck."

He could see by the big sigh that he won the argument. Just in time too, a Ghoul came around the corner and was heading towards them.

Copia recognized him as the Multi-Ghoul that went on tour with him.

The Ghoul stopped when he reached them and it seemed he only now noticed Michael standing there. The Man's mask was very out of place here.

"Who's this?"

"Ah... this is.. um a friend." Copia mentally slapped himself.

"In a Clergy building?"

Copia gave up the coy charade he was initially going for. "Look, just don't tell Imperator please. I'll try to sneak him out."

The Ghoul looked at Copia's Ritual outfit. "You're going to try to sneak him out... wearing that?"

He touched his mitre. He probably would stand out even more than Michael. "Hmm."

"Is this who you had sex with?"

"What?" Copia laughed nervously.

"I overhead Sister Imperator say something about how you recently lost your virginity."

Copia's face went red. "I did not just recently lose it. It wasn't my first time." He said sharply.

The Ghoul nodded. "So it is him."

"Ugh, would- just..." Copia took a breath so he could form his thoughts. "Help me sneak him out?"

"Where are you sneaking him to? And doesn't he talk?" The Multi-Ghoul looked at Michael again with more interest.

"Well, not really. Could you get him to the Lucifer fountain in the garden? I'll go change and take it from there."

The Ghoul hummed and stroked his chin as if in thought.

Copia rolled his eyes, "What do you want?"

"Well, actually, Halloween is coming up. Would you take us Treat or Tricking?"

"It's called Trick or Treating and you're not a child. Literally no one would give you candy."

The Ghoul huffed and crossed his arms. "No one gives us the candy, Stupid. We steal the treats. That's the trick. Duh."

"Fine! Just, help me, okay?"

"Okay." He held up his clawed hands in surrender.  "Let's go Mute Cherry-Popper."