Chapter 21

Lui's POV:

I sighed in irritation as I watched Murasaki dance around the room, and pondered tripping her or just pushing her to the floor and then saying it was an accident. Sometimes I question how Kurenai can stay remotely sane when he has to live with her. With this. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. But the fact that I hate him-

Hate is a strong word.

The fact that I severely dislike him-

Not much better, but go on.

Makes me incapable of feeling any sympathy towards him in any way shape or form, whether people like that or not.

You are so overdramatic.

Shut up, Luinor. No one asked you.

"Lui... Can you please recite a Valentine's poem for me?" She asked, yet again. I understand that Valentine's Day is coming up soon and everything, but fuck off. I don't care about a stupid poem you want me to recite.

"Ugh, fine. If it'll shut you up for now." I looked at her and smirked. "Roses are red, violets are blue, I thought Shu was ugly, and then I saw you."

"Hey, that's mean!" She whined, punching my arm, and I let out a small laugh in response, rubbing my arm. I was silent for a moment before speaking up.

"You think you can do any better?" I cocked an eyebrow in challenge, daring her to try and beat me.

"Yep!" She grinned at me like she already had this in the bag. I'll be the judge of that. "Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you."

"That makes me sick." I told her, hoping she wouldn't repeat the garbage that just came out of her mouth. It honestly makes me want to puke. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

"I thought it was cute. You're not the cute type, though, are you? I'm guessing you would prefer something a bit darker than that?" She wondered aloud.

"Sure, why the hell not?" I agreed, thinking that it couldn't get any worse than the last one she recited. At least it's not that sappy stuff this time.

"This one's kinda long, but here we go." She gave me a small smile, and I was instantly regretting this decision. I feel like this is going to turn out horribly, I don't know why, and I hate it. "Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and perhaps so were you. But the roses have wilted, the violets are dead, the sugar bowls empty and your wrists are stained red. The sun isn't shining, the sky isn't clear. There's no silver lining because you're no longer here. The rain keeps on pouring, there's no end in sight. You're lying there frozen, so far from the light. Your beauty's unreal, your smile, the sun. But time can't be turned, nor your actions undone. The words that you wrote that only I read, "I love you so much, please don't cry when I'm dead." A bond that we formed, a friend I could keep. I wanted to hold you, wipe the tears from your eyes. Been there that moment you said your goodbye. I want to forget, but most times I don't. I want to let go, but I know that I won't. Tears on my face, and memories burned into my head. The roses have wilted, the violets are dead."

"Are you okay? That was more than just a little bit darker. I thought you were just gonna insult me or something, and then you came out with that. Do you need therapy?" I stared at her, wondering whether I should continue to stay here or leave while I still could. Although, it did sound familiar, which concerned me even more. I know I had a fucked up childhood, but where does this tie into it? I'm not sure I want to know.

"I'm fine, jackass." Murasaki yawned, sitting down next to me and resting her head on my shoulder. "You're really warm and comfy, you know that, right?"