Prologue

Starting with some feels. Remember, DO NOT READ THIS STORY UNTIL YOU'VE READ CHOSEN ONE GONE WRONG. There's severe spoilers here. Love you. -Rae

The entire world was spinning.

Simon panted hard, his body way too hot and in way too much pain. Regardless, he knew what needed to happen next.

He mustered the last bit of his energy, braced himself, and finally unfroze time. After being frozen for four hours, the readjustment was easily the most painful thing he felt in his life.

Physically, that is.

He cursed loudly, bracing himself on one of the walls of the alleyways. The pavement was still soaked with rain that came from the massive storm. He felt like his brain was splitting in half, and he felt like he was moments from collapsing.

It took him a while, but he stumbled into a gas station and went straight to the front desk. "Holy shit!" the clerk exclaimed as he sat up and got a good look at him. "Are you okay? Do you need me to call the police?"

"No," Simon gasped out, "I just... I just need some water, and maybe a phone?"

"Yeah, man, sure thing. Here," he said as he pulled out his cell phone and handed it to him. "I'll be back with the water. You really need to sit down. You don't look so good."

He felt a bit of relief, and he thanked him before sitting on the ground closest to the back door, out of view from anyone else that might walk in. Slowly, he dialed one of the many numbers he memorized and hoped that they would pick up.

The line connected, and there was a familiar, confused voice. "Hello? Who is this?"

"Dad..." his voice came out way weaker than he thought it would. "I need your help."

"Simon?! Oh, my fucking god!" His dad exclaimed, and it sounded like he was on the verge of tears already.

He didn't blame him. It had been months since he had seen him, and he couldn't imagine what went through his head when the city called a code red and told everyone to take shelter.

"Where are you?!"

"Gas station. I managed to make it over north. But..." When he felt winded, he took a few moments to get some air into his lungs. "But I don't feel good, plus I'm so tired. I really, really-"

His dad cut him off before he could finish, "I'm on my way to get you, just stay put, alright?! Since you're over north, it's closer to us. Stay hydrated, okay?!"

"Yeah. Will do."

When the line disconnected, he rested his head back against the wall. The clerk returned with water, and he gulped it down within seconds. From the window, he could see a tiny bit of the destruction towards the downtown area of the city, and it made him smile softly.

He's dead, smiles. I'd do it all over again for you.