Chapter 7

Tiny bit of spice. Love you. -Rae <3

Simon, go to sleep, he thought to himself as he continued tossing and turning in his bed.

But sleep was the last thing on his mind. Simon had a problem. That problem left his heart racing with a mix of emotions, the fire in his veins excitedly pulsing, and his mind reeling.

It had started with a simple idea earlier that night. Austin said that he was moving forward with the plan to start raiding the heroes' bases. He had tagged along, simply because he was excited to watch their beloved cabin go up in flames. When they arrived there, he was surprised to see that the base was already occupied.

Not with all of the heroes. Only one. His hero.

His very pretty hero.

Seeing Daija remove the small team of henchmen's guns was a sight to behold. A simple wave of her hand, and she had them completely disarmed. Flawlessly, graciously. Once he told everyone to leave, he noticed a couple of things that stood out. One: Daija had covered almost every surface in the cabin with glitter and confetti.

Two: She was wearing the heroes' colors, and fuck, nothing irritated him more.

He could tell the suit looked durable, which was great for fighting, but the color choice was awful, and he hated the mere idea of her wearing something so ugly. She'd look way better in a darker suit and by his side. Mostly by his side.

Then it was just them, tiptoeing lines that they so badly wanted to cross. His mind blanked every time she smiled, every time she stared at him like she wanted him as much as he wanted her. His heart would skip a beat each time she looked him up and down, and a warmth would spread through him each time she laughed at something he said, revealing those pretty dimples of hers.

But when she kissed him, his restraint shattered. He'd been thinking about kissing her since when she did at OpalSpace. Though he wanted to fuck her senseless in that cabin, he remembered that he had to get back at her. He laid her on the couch and kissed her until she was dizzy, then slipped his hand into her underwear as he sucked more hickies onto her neck, something else he'd been thinking about way too much.

Simon, he thought to himself as he buried his face into his pillow. For fuck's sake, go to sleep. You have a lot to do tomorrow.

But all he could think about was the pretty noises Daija made when he kissed her neck, how wet her pussy was, the way she moaned his name, how she rode his fingers to chase her release and how her body arched underneath his. He had edged her as payback, but he wanted to know what she sounded like when she came. When he tasted her on his fingers after he edged her, Simon so badly wanted to say, "Screw it." and push her back on that couch to finish her off.

He switched on his TV before his thoughts drifted any further, and he forced himself to go to sleep to the background noise of an education channel.

It didn't matter, because after he woke up from a dream about Daija Cross, he immediately took a cold shower.

-----

"According to some of Austin's guys, the cabin was burned down last night," Wylan said as he handed Simon a warm bagel.

He sighed in relief as he accepted it. He had been hungry most of the morning, and it wasn't helping his focus. "Thanks," he said. "Did they burn it after a few hours?"

"Nope. Someone else did."

Simon chuckled. Daija had burned down the cabin. He couldn't wait for the other heroes to find out that she's working against them.