More Members

~Y/n's POV~

I finally catch up with Diego and Sid but I notice they come to an abrupt stop, so I slow my jog down to a walk making my to stand beside Diego. I looked at Manny but noticed another massive brown figure stood beside him, my vision was still going in and out of blurriness but I soon notice it was another mammoth, and a girl!

"Well, shave me down and call me a mole rat. You found another mammoth." now thinking about it Sid would look like a mole rat if he had no fur but that's not really the point right now. Diego gets up to move but I stay seated in my position knowing that if I move I will definitely pass out.

"Where! Wait a minute. I thought mammoths were extinct." I'm sorry what? Does she not know they're talking about her and that Manny is stood right there. We all stood looking at the female mammoth both confused and shocked.

"What are you looking at me for?" is she serious right now?

"I don't know. Maybe because you're a mammoth." Manny tells her quite bluntly.

"Me?! Don't be ridiculous. I'm not a mammoth. I'm a possum." Ok i'm really confused how can she think she is a possum when she is clearly larger than the actual animal itself.

"Right, good one. I'm a newt. This my friend the badger." Manny points at Diego who smiles at the female mammoth, by this point I had slowly made my way towards the three boys, and sat beside Diego. Manny then points at me.

"This is the badger's wife." my eyes widened at what Manny had just said, me and Diego both turned our heads at an abnormal speed to Manny glaring dagger's at him. Manny ignored our glares and just smirked at our reaction and I could see Sid doing the same out the corner of my eyes. So, I just rolled my eyes and smiled at the female mammoth before looking down at the ground feeling heat rise to my cheeks, pretty sure I was blushing but why?

"And my other friend the platypus." Manny finished pointing at Sid. This wiped off Sid's smirk.

"Why do I got to be the platypus? Make him the platypus." Sid pointed towards Diego clearly hurt.

"This guy giving you trouble, sis?" wait a minute sis? Even the actual possums think she's one of them?

"Sis?!" we all exclaim quite surprised, i'm pretty sure we all think that it's not a joke anymore.

"That's right. These are my brothers. Possum. Possum. Possum." she used her trunk to point at each of them, and they all believed it there had to be a reason why.

"I don't think her tree goes all way to the top branch." I heard Manny mumble to us, which shocked me I knew Manny had gotten a lot more socially confident but not where he would say such things like this.

"Manny!" I whisper yell at him, he looked ta me with unease and a nervous smile.

"Manny, brink of extinction is a bad time to be picky." Sid stated as we all tried to smile and seem normal to the other mammoth or possum, I should say.

"You know what I think we should ask her to come with us." I look at Manny with my mischievous smirk. Manny looks down to me with shock and anger.

"Are you insane? No way." 

"Okay." I state completely calm before I stand up and walk in front of the three boys, standing in front of the female mammoth.

"Hey, Manny wants me to ask you if you'd like to escape the flood with us." I ask the sweet female before me she may be confused but I can tell she's sweet and caring nonetheless. I hear Manny's shock and distress from behind me and smirk,

"I'd rather be roadkill." the two possums walk up to Diego.

"That can be arranged." Diego threatens.

"Ha, Funny!" the mammoth grabs her brothers with her trunk. "Let me have a little word with my brothers." she states before giving me a quick smile. I turn around to be met with a death star from Manny.

"What?" 

"Why did you invite them?" he asks quite irritated, I just smirk at his reaction.

"Well because you might be the only two mammoths left on earth. And it would also mean i'd actually have another female to talk to than you lot all the time." I roll my eyes with the last comment.

"She has a point." Diego states coming to stand beside me, giving me a quick smile.

"I'm sorry. When did I join this dating service? Besides you and Diego don't get a say in any of this considering you both have a little thing for each other and won't admit it." both mine and Diego's eyes widen in shock at what Manny had just said, we turned to look at one another before immediately looking away a blush creeping it's way onto my cheeks, neither of us knowing what to say or how to react. I cleared my throat before saying,

"We don't like each other so 1, you're wrong, second we aren't the ones who could possibly go extinct." before Manny could reply we hear the voice of the female mammoth.

"My brothers and I would be delighted to come with you." she gave me a small smile which I gladly returned, however Manny groaned at the idea, oh well.

"If you treat me nicely." One possum stomps up to Diego who growls at them. I've come to realise after previous events the possums know not to mess with me, so they've kind of resulted to Diego who is a little nicer just threatens really.

"See that? That's the total opposite of nice." I rolled my eyes at the two and I can see the other female did the same.

"Maybe we'll have ourselves a little snack before we hit the road." Diego then turned away from the possum, the problem was that they were too similar they just don't realise yet.

"You want a piece of us? Let's go." the two possums then attack Diego and then Sid tries to help get the possum off Diego. I sigh at the scene unravelling before me, they're so childish it sometimes feels like i'm mother to all of them."You know the best part? We're carrying diseases." I grimaced at this until everyone just stopped when we heard the grumbling sound of ice melting and Diego finally spit the possum away in disgust.

"Okay. Thanks to Y/n, we're now travelling together." I earned a look from Manny but I just smiled and stuck my tongue out at him. I never said I couldn't be childish, inside I'm still that playful little cub I was before abandonment.

"And like it or not, we're gonna be one big happy family. I'll be the daddy. Ellie will be the mommy, and Diego and Y/n will be the Aunt and Uncle who eats the kids who get on my nerves." Me and Diego smirk down at the two possums who look both terrified and amused.

"Now let's move it before the ground falls out from under our feet." I look at Diego who gives me a smile before we get up to follow after Manny who began moving already.

"I thought fat guys were supposed to be jolly." I snickered at this because I knew exactly what was going to happen.

"Hey, I'm not fat. It's this fur; it makes me look big. It's poofy." I chuckle lowly just loud enough for Diego to hear.

"Oh, okay. He's fat." the mammoth I learned to be called Ellie whispers the last part to her brothers. Yet again we were off but this time with more members than we started with, I just hope we'll be able to convince Manny to be... lenient with Ellie.