XVIII

"She seems to be gaining weight as normal. Anything of concern?"

"Nope," Ki and August spoke in unison and shook their heads as Ki held Sammy in her arms, watching her suck quietly on the pacifier. "And you, Ki, are healing up just fine since the stitches were taken out. Any questions?"

"So we can go back to having sex?" August spoke, a bit too loudly and too proper to even sound like his voice from afar. Ki knitted her eyebrows and punched him on the arm, the nurse laughing at the two of them. "Yes, as of today, you can. Do you want to go on birth control?"

"Yes, yes. I ain't tryin to have any more babies anytime soon," Ki waved a hand at August who made a face at her. "I'll send your prescription to the pharmacy and you can pick it up later. See you guys," she smiled and headed out, August getting up and kissing her cheek and Sammy's cheek. "Ready to go?"

"Mhm," Ki stood up and set Sammy back in her car seat, heading outside and into the parking lot. "So I was thinking," August started and helped lock Sammy into her car seat. "We need a night to us, bae." He sat up and wrapped his arms around her waist, shutting the door and kissing her forehead. "Bae?"

"Yes, bae," he laughed and pinched her back lightly. "Wanna ask Jenna can she watch baby girl for us?"

"I'm pretty sure she'd say yea, since it's her niece and everything. I'll text her," she pulled away and got into the car, texting Jenna and asking her could she watch Sammy for the night.

When they got home, they packed Sammy an over night bag, Jenna pulling up after an hour. Ki frowned and kissed Sammy's cheeks, "Imma miss you baby," she whined and August tickled her cheek, making her laugh. "We'll get her back tomorrow, Ki."

"But it's our first night without her." She frowned and pouted, August kissing her cheek afterwards. "She gone be fine. Just stop worrying," Ki sighed and headed outside with Sammy while August carried her car seat and overnight bag. "Kiiii, she'll be fine." Jenna laughed and got out, putting her overnight bag in and letting August lock her in her car seat and gave her her pacifier. "I know, I know. I'm just gonna miss her."

"You'll be fine. Plus, you got daddy all to yourself tonight," she winked and August laughed loudly, hugging Ki. Jenna headed to her car and waved at them, driving off with Sammy. "Come on, let's go get ready for dinner."

"Alright, alright," Ki sucked her teeth and headed inside with him, pulling away to go shower. "Aye, lemme get in there with you." August peeped his head into the door and smiled, only to have a towel thrown at his face. "No! You can't see me naked till later."

"Kiiiii," he whined and pulled the towel down as she took off her shirt, tossing it into the dirty clothes hamper. "We got time to ourselves and you wanna wait? Lil girl," he headed into the bathroom and back hugged her, craning his head down and leaving soft, loving pecks on her skin. His hands slid in front of her and carefully unbuttoned and pushed her jeans down her thighs, Ki resting her head on his shoulder and kicked her jeans off. August moved his hands and set them on her waist, beginning to slowly kneel, kissing down her back until he got to her lower back, nipping there and leaving a small red mark. "Baby- come on, seriously," Ki mumbled and August ran his hands over her thighs, "What? You know you like it," he laughed against her skin and ran his fingers over her skin softly and slowly, tugging her panties down. Standing up, he popped off her bra.

She turned around to look at him and he cupped her cheeks, kissing her softly and backing her into the wall as he started to strip out of his clothes. Her hands ran over just about every inch of his skin, scratching at a few places. Once he was fully naked, he pulled away and picked her up, carrying her into the shower with him. "I wanted to wait till later, but I guess not," Ki mumbled and kissed August again, August hiking one of her legs up on his hip and backed her into the shower wall, the water hitting his back and some of it splashing onto Ali's arms and neck. "You know what I want?" He mumbled as he kissed down her neck and inched himself closer to her, pushing her leg up a bit higher on his waist, "what?"