V. (pt. 1)

It had been almost two weeks since August had left for tour and more or less, August was beginning to miss Ki. Through all the girls he'd seen in the crowd and the tabloids finally finding out her name, he felt the need to want to go back home to check on her since every time he called her, she was way more busy. Partially now because she was associated with being his 'mistress' and his 'girlfriend'. Whenever he liked a picture on her Instagram, his fans would freak out and tag him in the picture and pictures of when he liked it. Not only that, but when he followed her, people spazzed out twice as hard and felt the need to tag him in pictures, again, of when he followed her.

"August, you're on in 5." He nodded and waved the stage director off, dialing Ki's number. "Hello?"

"Hey, lil bit."

"Hi, Aug," he could tell by how her tone changed that she was smiling. Every time they talked, both of their moods would get better. "Whatchu up to?"

"Just finishing up a shoot. By the way, Jenna says hi," she laughed s little while wiping her eyes free of makeup. "And Chris and Jenn are a thing now."

"Forreal? They that close now?"

"Mhm..." She trailed off, looking in the mirror at herself. "I miss you."

"I miss ya too," he sighed and looked over at the stage director motioning for him to hurry up. "But look, I gotta go now. I'll talk to you as soon as I'm done. I gotchu." He laughed and hung up, heading out.

Ki looked up after wiping the rest of the makeup off her face, looking at the endearing looks from all the other girls. She'd gotten used to it at this point; the dirty looks, nasty little whispers, slick things being said about her and August. The more that they happened, the more she got used to it and the less she had anything to say back to them. Grabbing her bag and pulling her jacket on, she headed out the studio and out to her car. Getting in and locking her seatbelt on, she scrolled through her Instagram and Twitter, occasionally smiling at some of the comments and pictures she'd been tagged in. There were a few unnecessary hate comments but she just looked past them. Before she could get to the end, her phone started ringing and Haden's number popped up. She groaned softly and answered.

"I see you and August a thing."

"I'm pretty sure everybody and they momma know about me and him. Not just you," she was so irritated that he had the nerve to call her that she wanted to hang up in his face at that very moment. "I just wanted to call and tell you that it was me who was sending y'all those weird text messages and pictures," he trailed off, his tone softening. Ki couldn't believe him. After everything, he would stoop that low? She just hung up the phone and sighed, rubbing her forehead. The whole ride home, he kept calling her phone and she didn't pick up. When she got home, she threw her purse on the couch, shut the door and trekked upstairs to shower and rinse her body clean.

After her shower, she hopped into bed and played on her phone, interacting with her followers and playing games. That was, until Haden called her again. She sighed and answered, her tone obviously annoyed.

"About time you picked up."

"Boy, what the fuck you want? I don't wanna talk to you," she snapped back at him, fixing the scarf on her head. "I just wanted to say I was sorry, damn. You lettin that nigga August get in ya head-"

"Why the fuck you still on my phone?" She huffed and hung up, sighing and rubbing her face, turning over in bed and almost immediately falling asleep. She woke up at around 11 to the sound of August's ringtone (the hook of You Deserve because, well, that was her favorite song of his). She reached over and hit answer, bringing the phone over and laying it on her cheek. "Hello?" She spoke sleepily and yawned, her eyes opening slowly at the sound of August's voice. "Was you sleep? My bad-"