VI.

"You don't have to help me with her. I've done fine for three years without you being in her life," Jasmine looked up at August while Lana slept on her chest. August sucked his teeth and rubbed his hands on his legs, "But that's my child too. You ain't even let me know I had a baby, man," he sighed and leaned his arms on the table, "And then when I wanna be in my kid life, you tell me no? What kinda shit is that?"

"August, don't yell..."

"But you ain't lettin me see my kid."

"Because she doesn't need you. You haven't been there for her-"

"You ain't even let me know I had a kid!" He raised his voice again before grabbing his jacket and scooting out of the booth, heading to the door. "Where are you going?" She quickly shuffled along with Lana to catch up with him. She grabbed his arm gently and jumped when he shoved her off. "Don't touch me," he looked her up and down and sucked his teeth. "You had all the time in the world to tell me I had a kid. If I knew, I damn sure wouldn't be singin right now nor would I be wit Ki."

He watched Jasmine's face drop when he mentioned that he was with Ki, a sudden rage pulling on her face. "You're with...her? What does she have that I don't?" He blinked; why the hell was she acting like he had cheated on her? They weren't together and it had been years since they were together, so for her to act like he belonged to her was way out of hand. He belonged to Ki; in more ways than one, and would probably never belong to Jasmine's crazy ass again.

"Don't start with that bullshit," he rubbed his face and sighed, looking at her afterwards. "Me and you ain't been together in some shit and I'on plan on being together. Just because we got a kid together don't mean nothing. You don't even want me in Lana's life, so why the fuck you gettin mad because I'm with Ki?" He sighed and turned to the door, heading out again, only to be stopped with Jasmine grabbed his arm lightly. "I just...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you mad-"

"It's whateva. Just take care of her and call me if she need anything."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stop stressing," Ki sighed and rubbed her hands over his back, lightly sitting on him as she massaged his back. "If she needs anything concerning Lana, she'll let you know." Ki leaned down and kissed his cheek before sitting back up as she continued to knead her fingers against his back. "But what if she don't? I'on even know when Lana birthday is. I'on even know what her favorite color is, what her favorite food is. Jasmine robbed me from the first three years of my lil girl life and then she decides to pop up and tell me this? I ain't even get to hear Lana say 'dada'."

Ki could tell he was getting angrier by the second, so she stopped and leaned down, hugging him tightly and kissing over his back lightly before speaking, "Baby, look. I know you're stressed; with recording, with me, with Lana, Jasmine, everything. But you gotta keep a clear, sturdy head. If it helps, I'll always be here for you because I don't want you stressin so much. If you gotta rant to me, I'll be here to listen because I don't want you to hold it in. We ain't in high school anymore; we're grown ass adults and we're in a relationship together," she paused to lift her hips for him to turn over onto his back and look up at her, resting his hands behind his head. She sat back down and ran her fingers over his chest softly before continuing to speak, "So you gotta deal with stuff like an adult. Just like you couldn't hold a grudge against me, you can't hold a grudge against her and you have to talk to her. As much as you don't want to, you gotta. For Lana."

August sighed and rested his hands on her hips, resting his hands under her t-shirt to rub his thumbs against her hip bones. "You right, you right...voice of reason. But she got mad as hell when I brought up me and you. She ain't like that," he laughed at how her face suddenly twisted, patting her butt with one hand. "But I ain't goin nowhere and I ain't gone let you go nowhere." He sat up and pecked her lips, keeping his hands on her waist. "But I gotta get ready to go. Rehearsals and concert lata."