One ✨

Excuse any mistakes and welcome to the remark of Teach me... Again!😩

Being a teacher is hard but being a teacher to a student who's smart as crap but just don't care is harder. Amya, Amya Wells was her name and giving me a hard time was definitely her game. She gives little to no effort but still mange's to keep a high average in my class. She wasn't cocky, but at times conceited. She wasn't mean, but she wasn't nice either.

Some days she would speak and some days she was rude as crap. Like let's take today...

"Ok I want everyone to pull out there life papers from last week. Who wanna go first....Amya?" She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"Amya."

"Ian doing it jack."

Here we go our daily argument.

"hand me those AirPods because you know I don't allow them in class."

"Piss off."

"Do what I ask Amya."

"Be for real ain't nobody wanna read bruh and out of all these people you gone pick me every day we argue you must like me or something."

I walked right up to her and snatched them out her ears. She looked at me strangely the snatched her paper as she stood in the front of the classroom. I could tell she was tensed.

"So how you feel about this paper Amya?."

"It's whatever bruh."

"Care to elaborate Amya?"

"Not really."

"Fine that'll just be 5 points off."

"What the—."

"Nah you playing man."

"You can start Ms. Amya." I hope she got the message I wanted a further explanation she couldn't give it so I can't give her the full grade that she's earned.

"You can't do that!"

"I said start or it'll be a zero." She huffed just seeming pissed. Did I care, no. She rolled her eyes then started reading, her voice when reading always caught my attention.

"Death It's a conversation that nobody's ready to talk about. No one tells you how the death of a person leaves grief, there's no manual on how to deal with it, there's no cure, there's nothing. We handle it in different ways, though how we move forward is a reflection of how we've dealt with it. Some People may feel guilty in what we failed to do, guilty in what we didn't do, how we've treated people. Then people can go either or for remorse, regret, and relief. Remorse for the family, regret for maybe missing out, relief because it may have been a weight lifted. Though all of it teaches us That Life is of us, who we are and what we are. Life is What we have yet not discovered
But is what we have so much become." She put her paper down walking back to her seat.

"Ms. Wells? Is that all you have for me?"

"No but I'll read the rest when you put my point back. Carryon Jackson."

I side eyed her as she gave me the same face back. This girl gone give me a headache by the time this semester is over. The bell rung and everyone got up gathering there stuff.

"Well done, Amya I'll think about giving you your 5 extra points back? class is dismissed. Don't forget you have a test on Monday chapters four through ten. Oh if you would Amya could you stay after class." The few other students I had left and she approached my desk.

"Yes Professor Jackson though I'm trynna get home. I have another project to work on, Let long to study." Amya was a beautiful girl, with a nonchalant attitude ,her mouth could be a hand full at times, overall she was one of my favorite students out of all my classes. Though it may sounds crazy for me to even say that.

"Your paper I want to see it"

"Here."

"After I read it I'll decide if I'm gonna place your points back or not."

"Man stop playing."

"I'm being for real, so I'd drop the attitude." She sucked her teeth shifting on one foot to another

"Amya look I'm gonna level with you, you're the best writer in this class. Your work is alway phenomenal, believe me. I give you such a hard time because I'm a way you remind me of me, you hold so much potential. It's just at times you have this I don't care attitude when there's no reason.

"Ok."

"Point right there."

"Professor, there's a whole lot you don't know about me but do know it's the reason I act the way I act."

"Will you let me in?"

"No, so if you'd excuse me."

"You sure?" I looked dead in her eyes, she looked at me, then looked away.

"Yea I'm sure uh I gotta go." She grabbed her bag heading out the door. I smirked, watching her leave.

I sat back at my computer grading papers and completing lesson plans til about 5. As I was gathering my things I realized I've forgotten to give her the AirPods back.

"Shit." I looked in my computer for her address taking it upon myself to take her AirPods to her personally."

Amya

I had just got out the shower about to start on my work. I went searching for my AirPods as I grabbed my notebook, laptop, and pen from my book bag.

"Crap, she never gave them back to me."

That's just great, and I need those to help with my concentration. I plopped down on my couch turning off the tv and just began to
Listen to the sound of traffic kids outside playing.

What I would give to be a kid again, to feel that love from an adult again. Oh well, I can't turn back the hands of time so I'll just keep pressing forward.

Just as I was about to press the pen to the paper a knock came at my door.

"I'm coming I coming." I would say that it's more than weird for someone to be at my house let lone being this time. I cracked peeping one I throughly, sighing in relief to see who it was yet curious on her reasoning for being here.

"Amya..."

"Professor..."