9: "Sylvia, wait up!"

9:00 - The Next Night

As the pups settled to go to bed, the Lookout's lights turned off. Every pup went to sleep, except Chase. He quietly opened his pup house's door, and crept away, closing the door silently in the process to not arouse suspicion.

Chase then smoke dashed to the area, where Sylvia was thought to be at. He then stayed quiet, hiding behind boxes, waiting for a move to happen. Later on, the Belgian Sheepdog made her move, unaware of Chase's presence.

Sylvia: Managed to get away from them. They're CRAZY.  Why'd they want me out?

Chase: Hey.

The German Shepherd had gotten ahold of Sylvia's paw, and neon transferred to Chase, giving him a brief of Sylvia's backstory. They were both knocked out.

Later, they slowly got up. Thinking that Chase was an enemy, Sylvia ran away, and Chase pursued her. But since he only absorbed half of the power, so he couldn't really Neon Run, getting him a disadvantage.

On a building, he pounced on her, and was about to grab Sylvia's paws, but she somehow made the glass crack, leading to their fall. They woke up, later.

Chase: Ugh...S-Sylvia, you gotta listen-

Sylvia: D.U.P asshole!

She landed a strike, but Chase blocked it with his winch cable, and they fought. Sylvia had then gotten Chase in a headlock, but he broke out, and hit her with his winch. The fight lasted for about 5 minutes, before Chase uppercutted Sylvia, and clutched her paws.

Chase POV - 12:00 AM

I woke up, looking dazed, when I was woken up by Ryder. He looked worried, and a little mad, because I left at bedtime.

Ryder: You ok? Come on, get up.

I got up, and Ryder wanted to deal with Sylvia by shipping her to a solitary confinement. I couldn't let that happen. She was a rival, and I didn't want to beat her like this. So I tried to reason with him.

Me: You can't put her in a solitary confinement, just because of this! It's cruelty to powered people!

Ryder: It's for the safety of the city, Chase. You know that.

He started grabbing Sylvia's paws, and I had enough. So I ruthlessly took his arm.

Me: When it comes to us people, it's my call. Not yours - Not everyone else, mine.

As I say that, I throw some sense into this guy, and convinced him to let Sylvia go. But he warns me that if I committed evil acts with her, I'd get suspended from a few missions, or kicked out of the team.

So he leaves, and I wake Sylvia, restraining her paws and hind legs. I finally managed to convince Sylvia that I am not an enemy, so I let her go, and she told me about a shipment of substances.

A/N: I'm sorry if this was a boring chapter, but it's finished.