✈️ FIFTY ✈️

"Why didn't you tell me your real name Jax?"

"...I-I don't know. I didn't expect anyone, nevertheless a beautiful girl, to sit out here with me."

"Beautiful girl?"

"The most beautiful girl in the world. Are you blushing, Sar?"

"N-No, ahem... why do you sit out here anyways?"

"To watch the planes."

"..."

"..."

"Why do you watch the planes?"

"To feel alive."

"Feel alive? What do you mean?"

"Back to the questions again Sar?"

"Always, Jax."

"..."

"..."

"If I take over the Richmond Airport, like my parents want me to, all I'm going to be doing is sitting in an office doing paperwork."

"...Ah, the family business."

"But Sar, I don't want that. Watching the planes out here, being so close to the machines that my family controls... That, soon I'll have to control... I-I just feel alive. It's reality. Not black and white Times New Roman font on paper. It's not files and cabinets of papers that don't dictate emotion. I feel alive out here."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"What about you, Sar?"

"Me?"

"Why do you watch the planes?"

"...To feel alive."

"...Really?"

"Yeah."

"What made you come out here anyways?"

"Guess you're asking the questions now."

"This is probably the only chance I'll get."

"...true."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"You know how my parents died... After the... a-accident, I just felt so..."

"..."

"...numb. For a while, I didn't want to live. I didn't want to live in a world when I was numb, I mean, what's the point?"

"Sar-"

"Seeing these planes take off, and being able to say goodbye to the people in them..."

"..."

"It's like closure. Like, I've finally been able to give my parents the goodbye they missed... The goodbye I missed. I feel alive out here, you know? With you."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Let's just feel alive together, Sar."

"...Together?"

"Together."

"...Jax?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise to always watch the Airplanes on the runway with me?"

"I promise to always watch the Airplanes near the runway with you."

✈️

Reads: 7.06K
Votes: 794
Comments: 800