chapter 1

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Trauma happens as a result of an overpowering sensation of rage and danger, as well as a sense of powerlessness and fear.

 and that healing is a long-term process. It will take time. It requires time and patience. It requires the use of your enormous range. However, it all faded away until one person came along and completely turned everything around.

Over the past years  of kokonoi y/n life's have been a living nightmare. Every day, she returns home to a toxic household with her older brother, Hajime Kokonoi, where she usually lives.

Day after day, watching her mother covered in scars on her face and body that her father had perpetrated on her mother.

Sometimes her father would even try to sexually harass her and even attempted to rape his own daughter; thankfully none of this happened when her mother barged into the room screaming at her husband to stop what he was doing and allow her to be the one who would bear any and all of the pain he was about to cause her.

And what about the young innocent child who is silently crying at the sound of the two adults yelling and hurling items at the ground to the side of the road? As a result, the female runs away from home in the middle of the night and lets her feet take her anywhere they want to.

In the middle of the night, she walked barefooted, wiping her own tears as she blinked a few times before turning her head and seeing the beautiful city lights of Tokyo that somehow offered her peace in the midst of the mayhem that transpired day to day However, this does not imply that the chaotic situation has subsided; on the contrary, it has gotten considerably worse.

She was traumatized to the point where she would wake up screaming in the middle of the night from dreams and shaking from dread. Her brother was always the one who rushed into the room to settle her down when she became upset.

She despise herself for being so weak. She wished she could be stronger. Standing to the side, listening to the yells and screams they were letting out, watching her brother battle their father for going too far and assaulting his mother with a bat, they felt helpless. After all, what do you expect from an eight-year-old girl who is completely defenseless?

Please believe me when I say that Y/n attempted everything she possibly could in order to restore their family's bond with no success.

Her brother, Hajime Kokonoi, was only willing to simply give her a scolding. Only because he was the bigger brother, he should be trusted to take care of things. Take whatever Koko says about his sister for granted; he genuinely cared about her well. The only thing that worried him was that he might lose her as well.

Your mother committed suicide over a year of marriage. The two siblings were devastated as a result of this. One of the most painful parts was that the young girl herself personally witnessed her beloved mother hang herself from the ceiling. A message had been left, and within the envelope was an envelope holding dozens of cash. Soon after, the nine-year-old girl opened the letter, completely oblivious to the fact that tears were flowing down her pitiful face.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

greetings, hajime, and y/n

If you happen to be reading this, my beloved son, please remember to look after your little sister on my behalf, will you please? Protect her and provide her with the happiness that I was unable to provide for her. Make your sister feel important by acting as a big brother.

y/n, I'll make sure that you get the teddy bear that you want in my next life. I guarantee you that I'll do everything I can to satisfy you. Please accept my apologies if I have been a bad mother to any of you. But I am delighted that you Two have become my children. I'm in such deep love with you both that it hurts. Take the money and run away. Find a home that you and your brother are comfortable with.