chapter 5

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The sun had already risen. Considering that, you were hardly awake on the sofa due to the fact that you seem to be totally anxious when you've been lying in your bed for a longer length of time. That led to another early morning awakening at 3 am, when you found yourself transferring from your bed to the sofa. 

 Due to the fact that your nightmares were still haunting you, being unable to sleep had become somewhat of a routine for you. You can't even recall the last time you slept peacefully, unless it was when you were a baby, which is obviously not the case now. 

 The time was approximately 9 A.M, which was when Koko would normally leave and go do his business, which you had no idea what he was doing because he was always busy making a lot of money and upsetting everyone else, including you.

You were exactly right about to completely fall asleep, when all of a sudden koko flew open the door. 

Quite surprise to see inui with an annoyed expression. 

 "It was clear that the boss wanted to speak with you about something, but you weren't picking up your phone. and he told me to come grab you or else he'll beat the living daylights out of you." 

 "Bro, chill, I was about to leave anyway."

 The blonde man didn't say anything, but rolled his eyes at him. 

 "Do you still have the files we need?"

 In a single nod of his head, Koko told Inui to follow him inside, which he reluctantly agreed to. He had been following him from behind but had come to a halt when he noticed you sleeping on the sofa without a blanket, and he was probably confused as to why you were sleeping on the sofa when you had your own room. 

He was going to ask Koko why you were there when he furrowed his brows.

 "Can you tell me why she's sleeping on the sofa?" 

 Because the dark-haired man was having difficulty identifying the files he requested, Koko responded with a faint yell from a distance.

 "She had a bad dream last night, so I came in to check on her, and she was barely even breathing. And she was the first person I saw when I woke up in the morning!" 

 Even though Koko was still unable to find the ideal file, Inui could hear him shouting across the room. His grimaced expression suddenly dissipated and was replaced by a soft look, which was shortly filled with concern. 

Due to the fact that the spot where he stood is not that far away from you, He approached your sleeping body, which you were plainly pretending to be asleep since you absolutely refused to be seen like a that first thing in the morning. 

 He picked up the blanket that was on the floor and carefully wrapped it around your body since he had touched one of your hands, which was cold, he breathes out deeply to calm himself down while simultaneously convincing himself that it isn't that big of a deal after all.Inui seishu strongly doesn't want to see you in that kind of state.

 Or, to put it another way, he absolutely does not want to see you in any type of suffering, whether it is physical or mental, because he has been there himself. because it hurts him to see you in such a situation.

For some reason, he can withstand the anguish of anyone else, but not you.He looked at you for a moment before noticing that your cheeks were quite puffy, probably as a result of the pillow squeezing them. 

A faint grin appeared on his lips as he noticed this. And he can't possibly keep the urge to poke your cheeks, but he did it anyway and was satisfied about it.

Nevertheless, not for long after he was interrupted by an annoying voice from elsewhere that took him out of the moment.

 "Dude, if you really want to kiss her, then go ahead and do it. She actually just told me last night that she thinks she likes you." 

 Inui slightly drew his irises together,while Koko hugged himself dramatically to demonstrate what he had stated.

A partial lie, which caused you to give up and move your position away from Inui's gaze, and which soon after cleared up the term that your brother had stated. 

 "It's clear that I didn't say that." 

 now that made inui expanded his eyes. surprised that you were completely awake the entire time, Making him feel dumb and embarrassed at the same time after he didn't notice that you were awake in the first place.

Inui effortlessly caught the file that Koko tossed to him from a distance while he was still staring at you, and you simply turned around to give him a giggle that made him flush with embarrassment. 

 "y/n, I left you some soup there, and don't make the mistake of eating pizza for breakfast again!" 

 koko then shoots you a warning scowl before walking out the door. As a result, Inui rose to his feet and did the same thing, but came to a halt and turned around after recalling something he wanted to ask you.

 "Do you like...Wanna go stargazing with me tonight?" He inquired, his voice full of skepticism.

Immediately removing the blanket that had been covering your entire face, you pushed half of your body up, beaming and smiling, but with a trace of uncertainty written all over your face at the same moment.

"Are you serious about asking me to come with you?"

 He then let out a quiet sigh, clearly anticipating that you would respond in the same manner because he wasn't the type of person who would initiate the conversation. 

 "Yes, but it's fine if you don't want to—"

 "I'd loved to. Just let me know where I'm going tonight."

 While nodding his head once to the direction of the door, where Koko was waiting for him, he sighed and formed a tiny grin on his lips before walking out the door. And the sooner you realized it, the better. The door had been closed. 

 As a result, you purposefully tumble back down the sofa while screaming inside into the pillow that was covering your face. you were clearly taken aback by the fact that he was the one who asked you first, although it was actually your role to do so in the first place.

 After all, she had no way of anticipating that things would turn out even more smoothly than she had hoped they would.