chapter 6

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

No one could have imagined that the stairwell you'd be passing down would be as old and frightening at any point in your life. 

Fortunately for you, the man with whom you are currently talking has the courage to take the first step up the incredibly steep stairwell. As soon as Inui successfully jumped over the broken stairs, he extended his hand for you to grip onto. 

 "A-are you sure this is safe? I can literally see how high we are just by glancing to my right."

 Your attention was still firmly fixed on the rusted metal to which you were clinging with both hands. Because of the great fright you're feeling right now, you probably wouldn't be able to see his hand clearly at all. 

 "Just don't look down! And, if you could, would you please at least look at me?"

 Because of the severe wind that was disrupting the conversation, his voice was almost completely inaudible. Your sigh of defeat was short-lived, as you quickly averted your gaze away from the rail and into his. 

It is only after that that you will notice him nod his head slightly, which indicates that you're doing Absolutely fine, even though he is aware that you are a nervous wreck at the moment.

 "Good. now I want you to jump, and I'll catch you if you do."

You couldn't seem to resist the temptation to look down and see how far you had to jump, and you quickly regretted it afterward. You can almost hear Inui muttering the word 'idiot' at you for looking down when he had just told you not to do so before.

 "Do you trust me?"

 It took a brief period before you responded with a tiny nod, your gaze still locked on him. 

 "Then, I swear to you, do as I say—"

 "And what if I lose my balance and die?" 

 He hadn't quite anticipated you to say that, but he's getting a little impatient at the moment, so he's forced to play his final card right away. 

 "I'll die with you. Now jump!" 

 Is it illegal for me to say that he truly meant what he said? come on, you know what I mean. he'll literally go down with her without any sense of hesitation if that situation comes true in real life. Your sense of skepticism had vanished, and you took a few steps back before sprinting and jumping towards him while keeping your eyes closed.

 You were preparing for the impact of dying, but instead you realized that you hadn't arrived in heaven yet because you felt his arms wrap around your body. After a series of hysterical cries, you finally did what he wanted. 

Inui made sure that he was the one to take the fall so that you wouldn't be hurt, and given that you were still on top of him, you got off as soon as possible. as well as to start a conversation as soon as possible so that the situation does not become as awkward as it should be.

 "Well that was crazy trust exercise and—woah...." 

 While you were attentively inspecting the area, you saw a few lovely flowers in the vicinity, as well as a viewpoint that immediately drew your attention away from the male who was still lying under you on the ground. 

In the meantime, he was patiently waiting for you to to get get off, which you subconsciously did by pleasantly wandering around the area and leaving Inui to get up on his own. 

 "By the way, You're very much welcome."

 In addition, as the man pushed himself to his feet, he tucked his hands into his pockets, As he settled under the wide blanket that had been neatly placed on the ground, just where he used to take a nap as a favorite past time, whenever he needs to get some air.