11

sierra: i'm omw

sierra: u got food there?

jack: what u want?

sierra: wings

jack: aight

sierra: thank u 🤍

he smiles and puts his phone in his pocket. sierra told him she wanted to see him because she got off of work early, and he bought her an uber to bring her to the studio. "nina, can you order some wings please? lemon pepper, by the way," he asks his manager. nina nods and opens her computer.

jack looks around the studio at his producer, urban, their mutual friend donovan, and the six girls strung around the room. one girl is with donovan, one is jack and urbans childhood friend, whom sierras knows, and the other four are just randoms that we're here because of someone else who is now gone.

"alright, ladies, y'all gotta go," he says politely to the group of the women he only met today. they only smile at him and tell him to call them. a few of them touch him on the way out, but they leave nonetheless. all but one, who took a big liking to jack. "you too, brooklyn." jack says.

she only smiles up at him flirtatiously. "but i'm having fun, jack," he lets himself laugh at that, but shakes his head. he knows brooklyn because she's kind of like a studio groupie—he met her when he was in the studio recording 'already best friends' with chris brown. it was almost immediately after him and sierra broke up, and she became a big distraction for him. he'd call her up late, and she'd show up.

he didn't expect her to be in the studio when he arrived, but she was and he didn't have any objections about that. his manager, nina, told him that he was here to work, so hes been basically ignoring her all day, until now.

"you can go have fun with your friends that just left."

"i don't care about them... we cant just chill?" she asks, tugging on the end of his shirt. jack removes her hand from his shirt and takes a step back.

"i'm not sure how happy my girl would be with that," he says. brooklyn looks up at him in confusion.

"your girl? since when?"

"since forever."

brooklyn gives him a sinister smile. "i want to meet her." jack looks at her like she's crazy and points to the door with his thumb. "why not?"

"brooklyn, i'm trying to save you," he says. sierras worst trait as a girlfriend is her jealousy, and she'd admit it too. but she was smart about who she chose to pick fights about. if she saw brooklyn in a different setting, she wouldn't think twice. but seeing her in the studio would rock her world because she knows what goes on in here. she's seen it before.

brooklyn scoffs at jack. "i don't need to be saved," jack holds his hands up in surrender, as if to say it's on you. he shakes his head as her turns away from her and walks across the room to sit back in his original seat. he nervously chews on his fingernails, his knee bouncing anxiously at the thought of sierra coming in here and seeing brooklyn, a girl she has never seen before, sitting there with jack looking guilty.

there's no way he can screw this up with her, so he spins around in his swivel chair and faces brooklyn. "look, you really need to get out," he says.