22

jack plays luv is dro out loud on the studio speakers, blocking out any other sound other than the smooth melodies of the song. he nods his head along to the beat and mumbling the lyrics.

"this a hit, fasho," woyne says, taking a hit of the blunt thats being passed around. all of his friends nod in agreement and jacks spins halfway around in his chair. after he did the video with babyface ray for the remix, hes wanted to do another video for his own song.

so far, he only has the route 66 video, the tyler herro video, and the way out video from his album. he's thought about doing one for luv is dro and already best friends, but he doesn't know which to do first.

"this would make a fire video," nemo says, nodding at jack, as if he just read his mind.

"i know, bro. i need to do another one," jack says. "but i gotta get shit worked out for this song. it needs to be done right," he adds. he wants to pay homage to static major, and not just make it about himself. he wants to make it organically and authentically, as if static major was there with him too.

nemo nods understandingly and the blunt gets passed to jack, who passes and hands it to urban who gladly takes it. "i'm thinking about doing already best friends, too," jack says, leaning back in his chair, resting his elbows on the armrests and putting his fingertips together.

"that would go crazy. all i hear is miami," woyne says. all of them chuckle and jack looks up at the ceiling, imagining doing the video. he has a pretty clear idea of what that video would look like.

"let's do it, then," jack says, in a very fuck it manner. "i'll call chris and get it sorted out. clear your calendars soon." he says. he receives  several words and noises of confirmation from his friends and they listen to the rest of the song.

jack texts chris about his idea for the music video, and then puts his phone in his pocket, spinning around in the chair.

twenty minutes later, urban, druski, and sierra walk through the studio doors. "look who i found," he says, slinging his arm over her shoulders. jack looks up from his phone with his eyebrows furrowed until he notices sierra and smiles.

"what are you doing here?" he questions, a smile on his face. jack stands up from his chair and walks over to her. she shakes her head and gives him a quick kiss.

"i'm here to see you," she says. jack smiles at her and kisses her again.

"where's mine?" druski asks when sierra and jack pull apart. jack winks at him and says 'come get it'. sierra rolls her eyes and greets the rest of the guys in the studio, giving them all quick hugs because she knows every last one of them. when her and jack met, they were all present and by default she was the homie.

"how you been?" nemo asks, dapping her up instead. "you still in school?" he asks.

sierra nods. "i'm good. i graduate in may," she says, earning words of encouragement from everyone around her.

"that's what i'm talking about, sierra," woyne says. she gives him a quick hug and looks around the room for an empty seat. jack beckons her over and pulls her down onto his lap. he used to be embarrassed to be so 'lovey' with her in front of all of his friends, and it was surprising to sierra when he kissed her twice in front of all of them.

jack wraps an arm around her exposed midriff and rests a hand on her side, gently stroking the exposed skin. she looks down at him and puts her arm around his neck, running the back of her hand against the side of her neck. "hey," she says.

"how was your day?" he asks, looking up at her lovingly.

"it's good—i got something for you, it's in druski's car," sierra says, kissing his forehead. "it was supposed to be a surprise, but i want to give it to you now." she says excitedly, getting off of his lap and holding out her hand. jack grabs it and she pulls him up, an excited look on her face.