House of Splitting Up/House of Missions

Jerome and Amber had reunited, and that same day, the mystery was a go, once more. They'd now be splitting into groups in order to discover William's past as well as solve the riddles.

"Nina and Eddie should continue going into William's time," Joy suggested, "considering they're the only ones who can open the portal from Nina's locket."

"And the rest of us can split into two groups of three to solve the riddles," Fabian added.

"And William can stay here like a good boy," Alfie joked. William just glared at him.

"No matter how much of a kid Alfie still is," Nina rolled her eyes, "he's right. You're not going anywhere."

"I haven't so far," William pointed out. "I don't really plan to now."

"And don't forget we're still expecting that secret," Eddie reminded, pointing at William and Amber. "Because we know there is one. A real one."

Amber had almost forgotten the secret anyway, considering all the drama in her life. She wanted to tell them and would when the time was right.

"Until then," Patricia announced, "let's group up."

"Wait, aren't you pregnant?" Alfie brought up.

"And?" Patricia glared at him.

"Nothing. I'm not saying anything." Alfie's voice went up high as he crept away from Patricia.

They split up into groups, Jerome, Amber, and Alfie in one, and Fabian, Joy, and Patricia in the other. They'd each take three riddles and it would be decided who did the last based on how soon they finished everything else. They'd possibly end up doing it altogether.

Jerome's group's first riddle was the one Nina had read before. Jerome read it and the portal opened up, and they went through.

Patricia, Fabian, and Joy had their riddle, held in Joy's hand, but before she read it, Patricia went over to Eddie, and Fabian to Nina.

"You prepared, Yacker?" Eddie asked.

"Always prepared."

"Don't overwork yourself. Our baby IS in you right now."

"I'll go gentle," Patricia replied sarcastically. She and Eddie kissed.

Meanwhile, Nina apologized to Fabian, "I'm sorry about what I said before about you and me-never getting back together. I didn't mean it the way it sounded."

"Hey, I don't-let's not think about that right now. Just be safe."

Nina smiled. "You too."

They hugged and went back over to Joy. Joy read the riddle:

"Here in the shrine of the most divine,
For he who is born in the morning and dies at night,
Look to the City of the Sun,
And there you shall see the light,
For all things that stand tall,
There is reason that they never fall."

Eddie, Nina, and William watched as they stepped through, waving their final goodbyes before going off to solve their first riddle. Fabian already had a good idea of where the riddle led to. It'd just be a matter of time before he could explain it.

As the portal closed behind them, Nina and Eddie opened their own portal from Nina's locket.

"You think they'll be ok, right?" Nina asked before they stepped through.

"Yeah, of course."

"But they're being sent out somewhere where we don't know where they're going. What if they get into danger?"

"They don't need a Chosen One and Osirion tagging along with them every second of the day. And if anyone's as brave and surviving as we are, it's them," Eddie reassured. "Now let's go and see what the past has in store."

Eddie followed Nina through the portal, and behind them, it closed. Sibuna had officially split into three different groups on their own missions.

~~~~~
Hope you Aristocrats enjoyed this fairly short chapter! I hope I can upload another within the same day. Be prepared for some intense stuff to happen!

Where do you think that riddle leads to?