Chapter 2: Shouldn't I be dead?

Then with a jolt, I quickly sat up and my eyes quickly flew open as I let out a sharp intake of breath.

As my vision slowly came back to me, I quickly squinted my eyes at the blindingly bright white that hit my eyes. Pulling my hands up I covered my eyes while rubbing them lightly.

My body was quickly racked with shivers as my mind flashed back to the image of the fall as I pulled my hands away from my eyes and looked down at them as they shook like leaves in an autumn gust.

But there was no blood on them, just darkened lines of scratches that littered my palms. So my gaze travelled down to my body, I was wearing my thick, black winter jacket with white fluff along the rim of the hood, black turtleneck which covered up my silver locket which had a family photo of me, Riley, Mam and Dad, dark blue jeans and black steel toe doc martens with my thick boot socks.

While I was looking down at my turtleneck, my hair fell from behind my ear and hung in my face for a while. Blowing some of it from my face, my vision focused on the streak of white that stood out among my mop of brown hair.

I reached my hand up and pulled the streak of white to my eyes so I could look at it a bit closer, it was an icy white streak that started in a small patch by my hairs parting.

Additionally, the streak seemed to almost blend in with the bright white of the area around me...

Wait- I quickly put the streak behind my left ear and looked out at the vast expanse of white that appeared to stretch infinitely in every direction. Honestly, this space looked like the Anti-void that Error is known to live in in the Undertale Fandom.

" Wow... first thing my mind thinks of when looking at an endless white expanse is to compare it to somewhere from the creations by the Undertale Fandom! Damn am I lonely... " I lightly chuckled to myself as I looked down to the ground I was sat on.

And it was the same white colour, " That's not going to be confusing and hella trippy later on. " I sarcastically commented.

Pushing myself to my feet I wondered where I actually was, because I know that I definitely died; I still remember the image of those rocks as I fell, and it was too real to be a dream.

" If I'm dead then this must be the afterlife or something, I doubt this is heaven because I'm definitely not the biggest saint in the work. But this can't be hell either, the most I've ever done is nick the odd pen or pencil, or getting a few energy drinks underage because I had to revise for my GCSE's so I didn't fail them... which means I'm probably in purgatory! " I exclaimed out to nobody in particular as I raised my arms in celebration of my guess as to where I happened to currently be.

Getting nothing but dead silence back, I looked around to see if there was anything at all, that was different about this place...

But there was nothing at all, it was the exact same white in every direction that I turned to. So I tried squinting in case there was anything in the very far distance.

There was still nothing, nothing at all but the white.

" Wait... if this were purgatory then I'd be doing something in order to get me ready to go to heaven. But this is just nothingness, it's just an endless void of white... " I muttered to myself with a sigh.

Thinking back to what happened before I woke up here, I felt my heart seize and drop to my stomach, " Riley! He ran off, I need to get back and find him! He's thinking that I'm playing Tag and isn't going to remember the way back to the hiking trail! " I muttered under my breath.

Running my hand through my hair I didn't bother paying attention to where I walked as I paced around, my mind racing with different things that could happen to Riley and picturing the worried expressions of Mam and Dad.

I couldn't stop myself as my chest grew tighter, and tighter, my breathing began to quicken and my hand that went through my hair began to tightly grip onto my hair and start to tug on it.

" And of course I just had to go right ahead and die! Mam and Dad are already worrying about Riley... this'll absolutely break their hearts; Mam was right! I shouldn't have gone on that damn hike, I was clearly suffering from sleep deprivation and wasn't fit to do it! " I exclaimed to the thin air before stopping and sitting down with my knees to my chest and my face buried into my arms that laid on my knees.

The lump in my throat quickly stopped me from speaking anymore, my eyes blurred with tears which began to fall down my cheeks with a quiet sob.

I didn't even bother to wipe the tears from my eyes, I didn't care; there wasn't anybody here so what use did it make to wipe my tears when I was just going to continue crying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When I couldn't cry any longer, I just sat there for a while, I don't know how long I've been crying; I can't really tell with this place not changing at all. Maybe I'd been crying for a few minutes? A few hours? Honestly who knows.

Once my tear ducts stopped being able to produce tears, I finally wiped my eyes and cheeks with my jacket sleeve. Letting out a shaky sigh I pulled my face from my arms and just, sat there staring off into the endless white.

Honestly, I felt emotionally exhausted, I've nearly cried twice and actually cried once.

Not to mention the fact that I'm clearly dead but have no idea where I actually am, which I still don't know, " I'll just figure it out when I wake up, if I wake up. " I spoke to the air as I leant back and laid onto my back.

Yawning slightly, I just stared up at what might be the ceiling as I just dozed off to sleep.

Eventually waking up, I sighed a little, disappointed to see that same white ceiling staring back at me that I had fallen asleep to.

Which lead back to one of my questions, where the hell am I?

The only thing I could think of is that this place is extremely similar to the Anti-void from Undertale, but that's fictional, but it's probably the best basis I could start from and could compare from there.

" Okay, so there's definitely a floor which means that vertically there's a limit, which only leaves whether there's a size limit horizontally, if there's a wall. " I spoke to myself as I pulled myself to my feet and looked at the seemingly endlessly stretching Anti-void that stood before me.

And so with one foot in front of the other, I began to just walk in a random direction, it didn't matter since every direction looked the same as the other.

Looking around while I walked, I grew increasingly dissapointed to see the same thing in the distance as the past hundred times I kept looking around.

But I kept on walking, I don't know how long I had been walking but it didn't really matter. I had no idea how long I'd been here, but I could guess that I've probably been here for a few hours or maybe even a whole day.

When my feet eventually began to hurt, I didn't stop walking, I just ignored it and continued on with my walking. This place couldn't be endless, it's just an optical illusion due to the lighting, there has to be a wall eventually.

" There has to be a wall, eventually? " I reassured myself, but I slightly doubted whether there actually was a wall. I just tried to push that doubt to the side and continued with my walking.