CHAPTER 26

Kinakabahan si Krist habang nakasunod kay Violet.

Ngayon ang araw na makikita niya ang isa pang anak nila na si Sevi. Hindi niya akalain na may isa pa siyang anak bukod kay Levi at kambal pa.

“She’s here” she said when she stop in front of a sliding door.

Sevitian Lacsamana. He said when he read the name of the patient who’s using the room.

“Such a beautiful name” he said while looking at the name pinned on the wall.

Ngumiti lang ito sa kanya bago tuluyang binuksan ang pinto.

Sa pagpasok niya palang ay bumungad na sa kanya ang magandang bata na nakahiga sa kama habang may nakakabit na tubo sa bibig nito.

Nanghihinang nilapitan niya ang anak na nakaratay sa kama at nanlalambot na hinawakan ang kamay nito.

Hindi na niya napigilan ang luha sa kanyang mga mata at hinalikan ng paulit-ulit ang likod ng palad nito.

“My daughter” he murmur while crying.
Naramdaman niya ang marahang paghaplos sa kanyang likuran na tila dinadamayan siya.

“What happened? What happened to her? May sakit ba siya kaya siya nakaratay dito? May malalang sakit ba siya?” sunud-sunod na tanong niya rito.

“She’s been in coma for almost 4 years now” she started. “Grade 4 na ngayon si Levi at nagsimula siyang ma-coma nung grade 1. It’s not about her falling on the stairs and injured her head.”

“Then what is it?” he asked while looking at the bandage on his daughter’s head.

“She was pushed by her classmate” she said that made him shocked.

“What did you say?” he asked while anger slowly showing on his face.

“Nabubully siya sa school niya noon sa ibang bansa. Humingi na naman ng dispensa ‘yung magulang ng bata na tumulak kay Sevi.”

“That’s it?”

“Don’t worry, the school already took charges about that incident. They even expelled that classmate of her, so she won’t be able to enter that school no matter she want” she said. “Kayriona already did everything for that accident so you don’t have to worry anymore.”

“But…” he can’t finish his words and just heavily sighed. “How’s her condition?” he asked instead.

”No progress” she sadly answered. “The doctor said that it will be a miracle if she’ll wake up. I’m scared for her but I need to be strong so she can be strong too.”

Muli siyang napabuntong hininga at niyakap ito. “Shh! I’ll contact the best doctor on the company. I’ll make sure that she’ll wake up since now that we’re complete.”

“What if she die?” she asked while sobbing.

“She won’t. She’s a fighter. She will never let the light took her from us. I know she’s been hoping for a complete family” he said to encourage her.