|1| Veldora

-Reader POV.-

"You pitiful little slime....." My voice was a whisper as I stared at the creature eating away at the plants aimlessly, they couldn't hear me, Great Sage already told me when I asked why they couldn't talk.

I suppose she hasn't told them about me yet since they didn't reach the current requirements yet as she put it. Although they might have thought I was still in the spot they bumped into me at originally because they avoided the area.

Did they think I was a rock then? There was a large circle of the flowers still in the area i was standing in prior.

As it stands, there's no telling, really.

So I waited.

Simply watching them until they grew bored of this area.

It didn't take long until I could hear Great Sage talking to them about the flowers they were consuming.

So they were called Hipokte Herbs, huh?

By the sounds of they're pretty useful to keep around.

Rather than sitting around on a conveniently flat rock, I stood up and began to take a closer look at the flowers my clueless companion was razing through like a lawnmower. Now that I was looking at it, I was rather thankful they had left the spot I was in alone as it seemed the plants they took into themselves dissolved in its entirety as soon as they decided it was food!

They were quite a glutton.

"... Or maybe you're just bored like I am, little one....." I felt myself voice, a sad smile dancing across my features as I bent my head down and rested them on my knees as I watched over them in my circle of flowers.

~ Time skip to a while later ~

What are they even doing......

I couldn't tell if I was in awe or just plum dumbfounded.

They were sinking down into the lake I found earlier after they had devoured the field of Hipokte Herbs. They seemed to be thrashing around as if to swim for a moment before I felt our shared skill [Great Sage] answer them, causing them to still and tint pink in the water.

If they didn't even have blood how is it that they can even blush? It was a pointless question as not all things about this world could be explained.

Anyways, she told them there was no need to breathe as they didn't possess lungs.

That explains the blushing, I suppose.

It was a solid minute of them sinking before they came up with something and shot out of the water like a bullet, effectively tossing themselves from the water and straight into a crevasse in the wall, it was small enough to miss if you weren't looking at it directly so I didn't feel too down about missing a new area before this.

The thing that got me running was the sound that they made when they landed, it was a sort of ting sound something rubbery makes after hitting a hollow but solid object and by the sounds of it this thing was enormous making me wince as I bolted in their direction.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"What am I even looking at....?"

The statement was an involuntary reaction, one that is the immediate response to something.

As soon as I spoke and snapped out of my stupor, I realized the attention was now on me as I stood in the entrance to this off shoot of the cave, I could almost feel my features tinting if I had the warmth to do it, instead it was a cool sensation as I rubbed the back of my head and looked to the side, muttering to myself although I knew my companion couldn't hear me and I doubt it was loud enough for the other in the room to pick up.