A Better Day

Arriving back in the palace i have followed Childe straight into his room. I admit i was a bit afraid but when i saw the soft expresion on his face I imidiately calmed down.

Childe: "Sooo i wanted to apologize to you for what happened yesterday. I don't know what's gotten into me."

That's a relief.

Y/N: "Do not worry Sir, I thought nothing of it."

That was a big fat lie. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I noticed his expresion was still soft but he looked a bit sad.

Childe: "Is that so... Well then, back to business. I need you to tell me what exactly did you write in the raports."

Luckily i had the copies with me. There weren't any details because i didn't have much to work with. I handed them to Childe, after looking through all of them he spoke.

Childe: "Wow these are very well writen, even without the content of the memories you made sure that the reader would be convinced i'm not a threat to the fatui."

Y/N: "Thank you Childe."

Childe: "I want you to write raport but this time i will tell you some things i remember."

I took out the paper and pen, then I procided to write the raport. I have to admit that Childe's stories and missions were very interesting. He was able to retell some of them to the last detail, so much that you would have never guess that he suffered from memory loss. A lot of time has passed since the day of the incident so it was only natural for him to be able to remember somethings.

Y/N: "How are you able to remember so much after so long?"

Childe: "You know i used to make raports on my own, i had to remember the events pretty well."

That would explain a lot.

Y/N: "Wait didn't Offelfi say that you had an assistant before?"

Childe looked at me a bit shocked, his soft expresion fading away, soon being replaced by a serious and cold look.

Childe: "That doesn't concern you."

His voice was cold but somehow carefull as if he was warning me not to move this topic any further.

Y/N: "Yes ofcourse, I'm sorry for asking."

There was a brief silence upon us when finally we decided to speak.

Y/N: "Are we-
Childe: "Are we-

Y/N: "Is the-
Childe: "is the-

Y/N: "Sorry-
Childe: "Sorry-

Y/N: "Pff hahaha..."
Childe: "Hahaha..."

We both started laughing, it was silly but this moment has cleared all the tension in the room. Childe made a showing gesture with his hand before speaking.

Childe: "Ladies first."

Having a bright smile on his face.

Y/N: "Is this everything you wanted to talk about today?"

Childe: "This is all indeed, but if you would like to stay a litlle longer i would have no objections."

Y/N: "Thank you Sir Childe but i think i will pass on that offer."

Childe: "That's a shame, well maybe next time i will have more luck. How do you think my Lady?"

Y/N: "Pheraps in your sleep, Goodnight Sir Childe."

I said as i left the room, the silly talk fixing my mood.

Childe: "Goodnight, my Lady..."

547 words