Jealousy

As i woke up i could feel a pair of strong arms wraped around my waist. With the closed windows and shut curtains i still could hear birds sing outside the window, it must be morning already. I tried to escape the grip keeping me in bed but when i moved it only grew stronger. Giving up on my plan to get up, i managed to turn around so i was facing Childe. I didn't remember seeing him come back so i guess that I must have fallen asleep.

Childe looked peaceful as if all the stress and everything he has been dealing with disapeared in the moment when he fell asleep. Looking closer i noticed how long his eyelashes are and how his ginger locks perfectly framed the blue eyes, lips slightly parted making me want to kiss them. As i got closer i saw them curling into a smile, gazing up i saw Childe's eyes looking straight into mine.

Childe: "Oh don't stop you can keep going, i don't mind."

His morning voice was husky and slightly deeper then his usuall one, the tone more seducing. I blushed realizing what i was going to do, hiding my face in my hands.

Childe: "Were did your boldness go?"

Childe took my hands away from my face and moved my chin up with his fingers, kissing me gently and biting on my lips. We parted and he laughed slightly at my embarrassed form. Putting my head on his chest he embraced me holding me close as if i could disapear at any second.

Childe: "You are so cute i can't take it."

Y/N: "Why did you come back so late yesterday?"

Childe: "Some things took longer then i expected. Where you worried about me sweetheart~"

Hearing the name Childe called me i moved away and got up from bed, facing the window so he won't be able to see my face.

Y/N: "Why would I? You can take care of yourself can't you?"

I felt his hands finding their way back onto my waist, his head resting in the crook of my neck.

Childe: "So you didn't fall asleep in the kitchen waiting for me?"

He whispered in my ear.

Childe: "Although i admit you are a bit heavy."

He started laughing so i stomped on his foot.

Childe: "Ouch! What was that for?!"

Y/N: "Don't call me fat."

Childe: "Can't i even tease you a bit?"

He made puppy dog eyes. I didn't answer him, took my clothes and went to the bathroom to get ready.
----------------------
Since Childe told me that there isn't anything for me to do today, i went out to get a better idea where everything is in the city. I didn't want to sit in the hotel because i had nothing to do in there either. I made my way through the city, the roads bustling with people.

I found myself back at the restaurant where i first saw Zhongli, i got an uneasy feeling but didn't saw him anywhere.

???: "We meet again miss Y/N."

Just to my luck, it's not that i got a bad impression of him, it's just that i am not sure how i should approach him. I turned around with a smile and answered.

Y/N: "Indeed we do mister Zhongli."

Zhongli: "What brings you out to the city today?"

Y/N: "I'm just out for a walk and you sir?"

Zhongli: "You can call me Zhongli, it just so happens that i am also on a walk. Pheraps i could join you?"

Y/N: "Ofcourse, you are welcome to join."
--------------------------
Childe pov:

I was at the docks doing work and getting some informations as i heared a familiar laugh. I looked around noticing Y/N with someone but i thought that she doesn't know anyone in Liyue. I took a closer look, i realized it was Zhongli she was with, somehow it didn't calm me down. I felt my heart hurt and fall to my stomach, i didn't understand why i felt that way. Was i jealous?

I heared Y/N laugh again, she was smiling and talking with him so cheerfully so i walked up to them.

Childe: "What a coincidence that i find you guys here."

Y/N: "Hi Childe."

Zhongli: "Hello Childe, out doing business i believe?"

Childe: "As always anyway, i see that you two got along quite well."

Y/N: "Zhongli is very knowledgeable so he showed me around Liyue and told me a lot of stories."

I wanted to show you around...
I guess i can still ask her out to the restaurant.

They were standing really close to eachother, i put my hand around Y/N waist moving her closer to me.

Zhongli: "You never told me you had an assistant Childe. Y/N said you two worked together for quite some time."

Childe: "I guess there never was a chance."

We talked for a bit longer, i made sure to show him who Y/N belongs too. Pheraps it wasn't right of me but i felt as if i had to. I just hope he got the message, as much as i would love to fight Zhongli i don't think i would come out victorious.

878 words